Post Your Fall 2010 Hunt Pictures

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
pickleguy

RE: Post Your Fall 2010 Hunt Pictures

Postby pickleguy » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:28 pm

Sorry here is a better pic of mine

�If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.It is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved

dewey

Postby dewey » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:00 pm

WOW!! Congratulations Bruce on putting two very impressive bucks on the ground. Also congrats to your hunting party for being very successful.

Thanks for the pics and the story.

Dewey
�Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.�

Mahatma Gandhi

dewey

Postby dewey » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:02 pm

WOW!! Congratulations Bruce on putting two very impressive big old bucks on the ground.[:D] Also congrats to your hunting party for being very successful.

Thanks for the pics and the story.

Dewey
�Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.�

Mahatma Gandhi

oletimer

A couple Va. deer

Postby oletimer » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:38 pm

Here are a couple of deer I took during the muzzleloader season in Va.

The ten point was taken the opening day. I had not seen a deer for the first hour and was going to have to leave to help my daughter and family move into their new house. They were nice enough to let me hunt that morning since I can not bow hunt anymore. Have a shoulder that will not allow me to pull the recurve back anymore without pain. But anyway I saw him at a distance and he disappeared into some cedars. I was about to call to him when he reappeared and came to within 30 yards. Of course he ran off to the deepest ravine to expire.

The 8 point was a week later. There must have been a hot doe that came through before daylight because just after first light several bucks came by in the same direction. He was number three and they progessively got bigger. Maybe I should have waited for number 4 but I was tickled to have him. You could tell he was wiser since the first two came by and never suspected a thing. This guy stopped and smelled where I had walked in. I do wear knee high rubber boots , spray down and all the scent prevention measures I can but still get busted by the smart ones.

Hope the pictures post since I've never tried this before.

oletimer

RE: A couple Va. deer

Postby oletimer » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:43 pm

Looks like I flunked the test.
Sorry about the oversized pictures !! Someday I'll fugure out how to post it correctly.

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:56 pm

ORIGINAL: oletimer

Looks like I flunked the test.
Sorry about the oversized pictures !! Someday I'll fugure out how to post it correctly.

Try these oletimer.  I just open in the Paint program and resize from there.

Great deer by the way!

Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:57 pm

great deer guys!

see the link above for resizing pics oletimer.  Have you looked into using a crossbow?  Not sure about VA, but here in IL you can get a permit to use a crossbow due to injury.  You have to have a doctor fill out the paperwork and such, but they issue you a permit which you have to carry with your license.  Then you just buy regular archery tags and whatnot.  My wife has osteogenesis imperfecta... brittle bone disease... so she has recently taken up the crossbow to get into the timber with me.  We haven't made it out much since it got so cold so early this year, but she loves it!

oletimer

Postby oletimer » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:19 am

Patriot - Thanks for resizing the pictures. Sure it makes it easier for other to see. I'm surely not a computer guru and will try and figure out your method.

Deebz - Virginia has opened the bow season to crossbows. However with the changes in seasons and my adverse opinion of crossbows in the archery season [ another thread ] I have not picked one up. I do not have any problems with hunting with a crossbow but not during the "primative" archery season. Yes I know the new bows can outshoot a crossbow but they take practice to shoot well. Also the seasons have changed over the years. You could only archery hunt until rifle season before but now archery only hunts in Oct. then muzzleloader for two week then a LONG rifle season. It's open until March 28th in our county [ too many deer ]. I normally did not do much bow hunting until Nov. before anyway. So long story - no I will not be crossbow hunting. But do not have anything against others using this legal weapon.

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:53 am

I can totally respect that oletimer.  I've found that I really enjoy shooting a crossbow.  It's super cool to fling arrows using a scope, but I don't think that I would really want to hunt with one.  Here in IL they have to be at least 24" X 24", which makes them a lot more bulky than my bow.  Added to the fact that they are quite a bit louder and harder to cock than simply drawing a bow, follow up shots aren't as likely.

and man, I wish i could hunt deer until March...  We have a lot of deer here in IL, and a super long archery season (Oct 1 through Jan 17), which only closes during our 7 days of firearm season that are split up between the weekend before Thanksgiving and the weekend of the week after Thanksgiving...  it's all good though.  It's usually really cold and nasty through jan/feb here, plus that's when i do most of my ice fishing.

OhLuckyMe

Postby OhLuckyMe » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:49 pm

First season of bowhunting. Harvested this 8 pointer the second (10/02) weekend in Ohio and this mature doe in opening weekend (11/13) in New York. I was lucky with the buck, he was 42 yards out, broadside. I released the arrow and about 5 yards from him the arrow hit a tig and hit him in the neck. He dropped immediately. Using Rage 2-blade, went in side and out the front. I took the doe at 27 yards broadside. She only went about 30 yards and went down. Looking forward to next season already!

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Corner