Photo gripes!

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
Wolfman

RE: Photo gripes!

Postby Wolfman » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:03 am

ORIGINAL: Sailfish

I'm with JPH on this one.

Terrible post mortem pictures are posted on these poor deer.

They should be respected much more,  perhaps canonized.

Lets prop them up respectful like, perhaps brush their hair, polish their horn's for them, paint their nails,  mascara maybe for the does. Anything we can do to show the world that their sacrifice wasn't in vain.

Wow, whats next? Before we kill a deer we give them a little shout and 2 second head start before we shoot?

IF YOU'RE NOT PART OF THE SOLUTION, THEN YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

JPH

Postby JPH » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:17 am

I'm with JPH on this one.

Terrible post mortem pictures are posted on these poor deer.

They should be respected much more,  perhaps canonized.

Lets prop them up respectful like, perhaps brush their hair, polish their horn's for them, paint their nails,  mascara maybe for the does. Anything we can do to show the world that their sacrifice wasn't in vain.

Wow, whats next? Before we kill a deer we give them a little shout and 2 second head start before we shoot?

I actually find the ridicule on this topic encouraging. If I remember Sailfish, you also defended the use of ads that exploit women's bodies in D&DH, did you not? It is good to know that our difference of opinion is consistent.

I have no shame in admitting that I have an emotional attachment to the game that I kill and I am careful to protect their dignity, even in death. I think the fact that you and others find that funny says more about you than it does about me.

Since your brought up Canonization, let me share a few quotes from someone who actually is Canonized:
"All creatures have the same source as we have. Like us, they derive the life of thought, love, and will from the Creator...." and "If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will likewise have men who deal likewise with their fellow men." Saint Francis of Assisi

'Nuff said from me on this topic.   

Wolfman

Postby Wolfman » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:02 am

ORIGINAL: JPH

I actually find the ridicule on this topic encouraging. I have no shame. I think you and others find that funny about me.

"All creatures have the same source as we have. Like us, they derive the life of thought, love, and will from the Creator...." and "If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will likewise have men who deal likewise with their fellow men." Saint Francis of Assisi

Oh, that is so sweet that you offer a quote from Saint Francis of Assisi. Of course, if you actually understood what St. Francis was saying, you would realize he was inspiring man to treat animals with kindness as they too were God's creations. I don't think he was saying go out & blow their brains out, leave their guts in the woods & then take a nice picture of them. Poleeeze, get a life & enjoy it. [:'(]

NRA LIFE MEMBER

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:32 am

I think folks should take whatever kind of pic they want.  Whatever makes them happy.

For me, that includes all the "tips" I outlined in my prior post.

It doesn't make anyone else's pics "bad" or "worse". 

I truly get more out of my pics that are without trucks, garages, blood, tongues sticking out (even though the one below shows the tongue - whoops). 

I do try to include canoes whenever possible.[:)]

Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:41 am

ORIGINAL: JPH

I actually find the ridicule on this topic encouraging. If I remember Sailfish, you also defended the use of ads that exploit women's bodies in D&DH, did you not? It is good to know that our difference of opinion is consistent.

I have no shame in admitting that I have an emotional attachment to the game that I kill and I am careful to protect their dignity, even in death. I think the fact that you and others find that funny says more about you than it does about me.

Ridicule, encouraging? I can't begin to fathom in what manner based on your post.

The shame is one person can express thier view, but if the world (or the minority) doesn't agree with them (even though its "just a gripe") it become a character flaw in the other??? I don't know whats more shocking, the fact that this affected you, the fact that you apparently remember all the times I disagreed with you,  the fact that you don't realize not everyone is like you, or the fact I feel I owe you any sort of explanation.

I will defend any woman's right to use her body or brain, or whatever assets she has until the end of the earth. Sadly many individuals feel they speak for women, and know whats 'right' (or is it righteous?) for them, where their place should and should not be in society, and how they should conduct themselves. And  call out (in this case a publication) a magazine because "they" don't agree with what their beliefs.

We should all just be thankful for DDH to allow us to have this forum to express our views. In the future when you post and I disagree with your view I will consider your feelings before I type. But certainly I will not ever give up my right to express my disagreement, nor my inability to take life so seriously. And I think THAT says alot about me.
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Wolfman

Postby Wolfman » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:23 pm

ORIGINAL: Patriot

I think folks should take whatever kind of pic they want.  Whatever makes them happy.

I do try to include canoes whenever possible.[:)]

Whoa! I'm surprised that porker didn't sink your canoe! [:-]

NRA LIFE MEMBER

Goose

Postby Goose » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:10 pm

This thread has been here a year, has over 20 posts that agree with the OP and 3 that disagree.

I have to say that I have pictures both ways, and when I look back, the pictures where I was conscious of these details are so much better to look at and reminisce upon.

I just like nice pictures. Whenever I take a picture of anything, I try to make it look as good as possible.
[align=left] [/align]
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:33 am

ORIGINAL: Goose

This thread has been here a year, has over 20 posts that agree with the OP and 3 that disagree.

[align=left] [/align]

Administrator Goose,

you actually took the time and counted opinions? And then posted the results??

On the surface it appears to be an innocuous statement on your part, but it does have an air of intimidation behind it. I am hoping it is the former and your not using your position of authority as the final word on this or any matter. Resurrected thread or not I think that a dangerous position could be inferred here.

Can you clarify for all DDH loyal members that you are not suggesting that because the masses and yourself agree on a certain subject that, that is the final word an no others should be offered? Quite frankly, that type of environment isn't conducive to eliciting opposing viewpoints. In fact, out of fear of retribution or being ostracized, we'll never have much of anything other than one viewpoint. I certainly would hate to see that happen. DDH and its forum members have a wealth of information to share and hopefully everyone will feel they can do so freely.

There are so many personalities out there, and typing ones thoughts can often be miscontrued by others in a format such as this. Some individuals may come off as arrogant or overwhelmingly serious, others aloof or coarse and abrasive, much gets lost in the keystrokes I am positive. But I think for the most part no one on here it flat out mean or disingenuous. We're all her for a common purpose and all should feel welcome and invited to participate regardless of our views.
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:42 am

Is it me, or does just about every topic on this forum get people all fired up?

Take whatever pics you like.  If it makes you happy that's all that matters.

I for one, was not happy with my old pics and have make a conscious effort to improve them.

Again, that's just me.  If folks grow tired of the truck, garage pics, there are easy ways to make the photo memory a bit more different.

Old style:

New style:
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

Challenger

Postby Challenger » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:22 am

ORIGINAL: Goose

[align=left] [/align]

Administrator Goose,

you actually took the time and counted opinions? And then posted the results??

On the surface it appears to be an innocuous statement on your part, but it does have an air of intimidation behind it. I am hoping it is the former and your not using your position of authority as the final word on this or any matter. Resurrected thread or not I think that a dangerous position could be inferred here.

Can you clarify for all DDH loyal members that you are not suggesting that because the masses and yourself agree on a certain subject that, that is the final word an no others should be offered? Quite frankly, that type of environment isn't conducive to eliciting opposing viewpoints. In fact, out of fear of retribution or being ostracized, we'll never have much of anything other than one viewpoint. I certainly would hate to see that happen. DDH and its forum members have a wealth of information to share and hopefully everyone will feel they can do so freely.

There are so many personalities out there, and typing ones thoughts can often be miscontrued by others in a format such as this. Some individuals may come off as arrogant or overwhelmingly serious, others aloof or coarse and abrasive, much gets lost in the keystrokes I am positive. But I think for the most part no one on here it flat out mean or disingenuous. We're all her for a common purpose and all should feel welcome and invited to participate regardless of our views.

Very well put Sailfish. I'm betting $$$ you made your comments as bland as you could stomach, so your post wasn't deleted right away. I'll be looking to see if your post (or mine) is still here two days from now.
There are none so blind as those who will not see. Jonathan Swift, 1738

NRA Life Member

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Corner