Poacher Kill

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
passin through

Poacher Kill

Postby passin through » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:52 pm

Just now got these text'd to me from a buddy.  I found this buck on the side of one of our border roads 2 weeks ago.  Wasn't really looking for him but spied a huge flock of buzzards far enough out in a new clear cut that I knew it had to be something other than a gut pile.  I had a bad feeling ......we haven't been locking our gates for several years because the neighbor doesn't.  Also a real nice buck had been seen several times at night on that hill.  Putting 2 and 2 together and hoping not to get 4.   I walked out there and there he lay.  The guy with me took photos but his phone's been rained on and won't send txt's now so we have no pic's of the find site.  My brother and cousin went back to look at the body and rolled it over and found the ground side hide to be intact ---except for what looked like a .30 cal bullet hole in mid boiler room.  Needless to say our gates are now locked and hopefully the guy won't be back.  Really aggravating since this is a 4.5 year old and that is what our goal deer is.  The goat weed is about 4 feet tall in places with lots of dips and hollers in that clear cut so I guess they/he  just lost him after the shot.  We guess him right now @ about 132-135...you cant tell much from these phone pics but his mass is awesome.  SWAG on weight was around 200lbs.

DeerCamp

RE: Poacher Kill

Postby DeerCamp » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:00 pm

Such a bummer to see this fine animal killed by a poacher.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

bigwisconsinbucks

Postby bigwisconsinbucks » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:46 pm

Sorry to hear that passin through. Poachers are such terrible people.
Kyle

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:13 pm

Sorry to hear that passin through.  Hope those ******** get caught!

paulie

Postby paulie » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:47 pm

ya know, guys like that , should be strung up by the balls, and beaten like a pinata!!

Robert Rowland

Postby Robert Rowland » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:12 pm

Thats terrible!    Decent southern deer hunters drinking Coors Light!
I thought AB products were the official beers of all deer hunters.[:D]

smudd55

Postby smudd55 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:31 am

Poachers are not real hunters.  They just carry a weapon in hopes they will be able to use it while driving down the road.

Hunting Ohio

Postby Hunting Ohio » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:05 pm

Poacher's are not deer hunters they are people trying to get a big deer just to tell people they killed the biggest deer. Deer hunting is not about just going out and killing a deer its about going out and enjoying mother nature and the thrill off trying to take a deer thats why its called Deer hunting not Deer Killing.
I really hope these guys get caught.
"Cant get the big one if you dont pass the young ones"
Hunt safe and good luck!

Croz73PA

Postby Croz73PA » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:29 pm

Sorry to see that, i feel the pain with you.

Return to Photo Corner