trail cam pics

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
Deebz

trail cam pics

Postby Deebz » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:18 pm

Finally figured out how to get snapshots out of the video my trail cam took... what do you think age is on the wide 8?? if the double beam buck gets close I'm definitely shooting....
Attachments
double beam 1.png
double beam 1.png (108.49 KiB) Viewed 872 times
wide 8 with kicker on brow 2.png
wide 8 with kicker on brow 2.png (360.15 KiB) Viewed 872 times
wide 8 with kicker on brow 3.png
wide 8 with kicker on brow 3.png (358.79 KiB) Viewed 872 times
wide 8 with kicker on brow 1.png
wide 8 with kicker on brow 1.png (360.87 KiB) Viewed 872 times
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Jslotter

Re: trail cam pics

Postby Jslotter » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:35 pm

I would say the 8 is 3 years old.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:45 pm

Interesting buck there Deebz. Good luck with that. ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:28 am

http://youtu.be/sW5vjzMJYDY

Posted a vid of the 8 (actually 9 if you count the sticker behind his brow tines)... lets see if it works!

**It did work... anybody got a guess at age based on the video?
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:21 pm

That buck was seriously checking the wind. Were you in the woods at that time?
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:56 am

Nowhere near the woods... directly behind he camera is a small incline covered with thick trees, and on top is a flat grassy area about 10 yards wide on the edge of hundreds of acres of crop fields... the grass grows up tall all along that treeline, and the farmer has all kinds of downed trees and old equipment pulled in here and there. It's a classic bedding area, so I'm guessing he was scent checking for does... I've been seeing a few fresh scrapes pop up, and I used Woods Walkers methods of "freshening" an old scrape near the beginnign of the vid. It's right below him when he poses with his chest out and head high... at that point he's 20 yards broadside to my treestand. He's actually standing in the exact same spot I shot my bow buck last season, just facing the other direction. The more I look at the width of his antlers, the more I think I just might let an arrow fly if I get a perfect shot opportunity...

Return to Photo Corner