MY BOWHUNTING CHERRY!

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
chinagreen

MY BOWHUNTING CHERRY!

Postby chinagreen » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:01 am

I am a bowhunting grummy.  I first picked up a bow in April of this year.  Since that time I have completely emersed myself in bowhunting Whitetail Deer.  I have shot every 3D event I can enter, Shoot every spare minute I have from a treestand in my yard.  Sold my hockey, boxing, lacrosse, afew handguns that I don't shoot very often, any spare motorcycle parts I had laying around (ALOT), and 2 full suspension mountain bikes with all the mechanics tools, to support my new passion.  I have read everything I can get my hands on, 3 books, countless magazine articles, and hundreds of hours online to help better educate myself.  I put together multiple properties to hunt.  Tons of hours scouting on foot and by trail cam.  Spent the months of July and August setting treestands.  Basically I have lived, breathed, ate, and slept deerhunting since April.  These photos are the fruits of that labor.  I will try again with the photos.  I tried 3 times.  [email=F@#$%&*G]F@#$%&*G[/email] computer.  Anyway the majestic beast dressed at 199LBS,  8 pointer (138 to 143 class), roughly a 5 year old.  After the shot  I sat and vibrated for 20 to 25 minutes.  My hunting buddie came down and raised his fists in triumph and stated firmly "look at that pig."  When I got down from my stand is when the full realization hit me of how big he really was.  I was 22 feet up in a swamp maple.  And honestly I concentrated on the vitals and a good clean broadside shot not the 8 point he turned out to be.  A one word summary of the whole enchilada is BEAUTIFUL!  It took Johnny and me 4 HRS to get the awesome animal processed and in the freezer.  Best venison I have ever eaten.  Taken September 16, 2009 5:30 p.m.  BEAUTIFUL!

DeanoZ

RE: MY BOWHUNTING CHERRY!

Postby DeanoZ » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:04 am

Congrats and welcome to the wonderful world of bowhunting!  Post a pic when you get a chance.

paulie

Postby paulie » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:28 am

Congratulations Chinagreen! Great story(look forward to seeing the pics), my favorite part was the line, "After the shot, I sat and vibrated for 20 to 25 minutes"! I think we've all been 'there' before (I know I have, thank God for saftey belts). Congratulations again brother!!

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:10 am

Awesome and Congrats! It's addicting isn't it?[;)]
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

Goose

Postby Goose » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:03 am

Congrats!
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

nhdeerchaser

Postby nhdeerchaser » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:06 am

Congrats!
You are the poster child for getting out of something exactly what you put into it!
I am very happy that all your hard work paid off!
Awsome!

Mike
You can't kill'em sittin' on the couch!

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:10 pm

Congrats!  It's great to see that enthusiasm you have...!!!!!!!!
QDM!

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:11 am

Congrats!....It's a feeling you'll never forget ...great story

cutngut85

Postby cutngut85 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:41 am

Congrats! Really shows how hard work pays off! Hurry up and get the pic up!

AlleganBowhunter

Postby AlleganBowhunter » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:07 pm

Congrats!  Hope it is one of many.

If you still need help with the pictures, feel free to email them to me and I will post them for you.

John
alleganbowhunter@gmail.com

Return to Photo Corner