Old Alabama 9 point

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
BamaBucks14

Old Alabama 9 point

Postby BamaBucks14 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:32 pm

I'm new to this forum, my name is Jared! Hopefully I'm doing this right. This buck was shot November 15th, 2012. He was my biggest buck at the time until I shot a big 8 point in early 2013, I'll post pics of him later. The taxidermist said this buck was verryyyyy old and not in good health. His body was very skinny and emaciated. He was dying of old age, and at 60 yards I took him with my Hawken Flintlock. It was a honor to take this old king of the meadow. Although not the best rack in the world I love it because to get that old he must of been a smart animal and escaped many tight situations. In fact he was running away (well more like jogging because of his age) from something in the woods across the field when I was able to stop him long enough for the shot. I will post another pick when I get him back from the taxidermist.

Not a bad shot with a Flintlock.

Last edited by BamaBucks14 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deebz

Re: Old Alabama 9 point

Postby Deebz » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:15 pm

Nice Buck! One of my goals for the next couple of seasons will be to try to shoot a buck that is older than the ones I've killed so far.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

BamaBucks14

Postby BamaBucks14 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:30 pm

Deebz wrote:Nice Buck! One of my goals for the next couple of seasons will be to try to shoot a buck that is older than the ones I've killed so far.

Thanks man, yea it was really a great experience! Check it out again I put some more picks up of him! About to upload My 8 point too!

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:41 pm

Very nice buck Bamma. Congratulations on your success.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

BamaBucks14

Postby BamaBucks14 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:00 pm

Ohio farms wrote:Very nice buck Bamma. Congratulations on your success.

Thank you Ohio, goodluck on your adventures!

kellory

Postby kellory » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:34 pm

You did well, sir. congrats. ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

stevenjackson

Postby stevenjackson » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:48 am

BamaBucks14 wrote:Image
nice job, congrats man thats a nice buck

I'm new to this forum, my name is Jared! Hopefully I'm doing this right. This buck was shot November 15th, 2012. He was my biggest buck at the time until I shot a big 8 point in early 2013, I'll post pics of him later. The taxidermist said this buck was verryyyyy old and not in good health. His body was very skinny and emaciated. He was dying of old age, and at 60 yards I took him with my Hawken Flintlock. It was a honor to take this old king of the meadow. Although not the best rack in the world I love it because to get that old he must of been a smart animal and escaped many tight situations. In fact he was running away (well more like jogging because of his age) from something in the woods across the field when I was able to stop him long enough for the shot. I will post another pick when I get him back from the taxidermist.

Not a bad shot with a Flintlock.

Return to Photo Corner