My second Buck

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
loneranger

My second Buck

Postby loneranger » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:27 am

Because of WalMart mix up on permits, I got extra buck license I did not really want. Anyway, chance to stock more venison. After first 4 yr old buck taken,, was holding out for an older one. Watched this buck cruising my field, then like a magnet he came right up to my stand. Hunter instinct kicked in. I coud not control myself, let another arrow fly. He made it 70 yrds down hill. Kicked myself for not letting him ride. Took a new vow to control myself, next year and take nothing under 3 yrd old.
IMG_1386.JPG
IMG_1386.JPG (251.71 KiB) Viewed 405 times

rthomas4

Re: My second Buck

Postby rthomas4 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:41 pm

Congrats; but from the looks of his head and nose, I'd say he's past being a 3 year old. Nothing wrong with that buck at all!

BTW, you made a comment about having an extra buck permit, so I'm guessing you live in one of those restrictive states with some of those dumb game limit laws.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

loneranger

Re: My second Buck

Postby loneranger » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:08 am

Thanks, but first buck posted on here was aged by Biologist a 4 yrs. I am quite sure of the aging process. Have gotten 3s a, 4, even a 5 yr old all aged by biologists. I like to know the age.I am quite good at guessing now by body size. In my state if you own land you can get a landowner license,,,,and a statewide license for your bow. I avoid the shotgun madness season. Thanks again. State I was raised in he would be a trophy. Few there ever reach two yrs of age!!

Return to Photo Corner