World's toughest deer

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
coach

World's toughest deer

Postby coach » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:40 pm

Too bad for these deer.  I was going through the web and came upon this.
Just thought I'd share.

Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

coach

RE: World's toughest deer

Postby coach » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:58 pm

Here's another one.  The antler from another buck...got stuck in this buck.
From Minnesota....

Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

paulie

Postby paulie » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:45 pm

OUCH!!! That is an absolute brute of a deer, I wonder if he had it mounted like that (with the antler in the eye).  

2tonyb

Postby 2tonyb » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:17 pm

Coach, Those photos are great fodder for anti-hunters. Great material for them to spread around. 

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:43 pm

ORIGINAL: 2tonyb

Coach, Those photos are great fodder for anti-hunters. Great material for them to spread around. 

On one hand, great point 2tonyb.

On the other hand, althought very unfortunate (and most of the time unacceptable), accidents do happen. 

I wonder if the antis doctor up pics and send them around.  The top photo (doe with arrow in face) looks questionable.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

coach

Postby coach » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:27 pm

I guess we should be careful even on our own Forum.

Maybe you should change the picture of your signature with the blood all over.
(  kidding....just kidding )  [:D]

All seriousness.....Good point 2ronyb,  Never thought of that.
Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

2tonyb

Postby 2tonyb » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:28 pm

I don't mean to sound like a prude, but if someone was wanting to gain support to ban deer hunting with a bow, pictures like those would be used to make a case.  Sadly, I've not found a few deer that I've shot, and those stories will never be told to a non-hunter let alone an anti.  It's funny you mention my avatar, because I do have pictures that I've colored in for my desktop at work.  The colored in versions are little less painful to the squeamish! 

coach

Postby coach » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:54 pm

Like I said above, I get your drift.[;)]

BUT......If someone wants to see pictures like above...the anti people......all you got to do is go to the web. There is plenty. 

My purpose of putting these pictures is to show, how tough these animals are, and to show what could happen if you take a bad shot because of lack of discipline.

Bad shot can happen to even Robin Hood. 
This is why we sometime need a reminder of what could happen if........

In hunting , there is no Hell Mary shots. But i'm sure we've all done it at one point.  Either for ducks, deer , rabbits....ect.

And don't call yourself a prune.   Uh....prude. [:D] 

Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:55 pm

Also the anti-hunters can think about what happens to a deer when it's hit by a car and doesn't die.  It more then likely is going to have some broken bones like a leg and that is just as bad as the photo's above.  Also wild dogs will attack deer as well or coyotes and they might not kill them.  

paulie

Postby paulie » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:59 pm

Soo, are you saying that we shouldnt share our pics because they may offend someone, or be used by some anti to "make their case"? I hate to break it to ya but, if they want to find pics like this, they will! If not here, somewhere else! Should we try to portray hunting as something its not (like they do), I mean, shit happens, people make bad shots, it sucks but, it happens! To say "all hunters are "perfect", a hunter never makes a bad shot or, a hunter finds every animal he(or she) shoots" would be a lie! Its a sad truth but it is "the truth" none the less!! I do understand where your coming from, but I dont think we should go crawl under a rock and "hide from the anti crowd"!  Do I always make a "perfect shot"? No! Have I ever lost an animal? Yes! Am I proud of that? Hell no! But I'm not ashamed either! Why? Because I did everthing I could to recover that animal! Would I lie to a "nonhunter" or "antihunter" about "ever losing an animal"? No! When we start lying to the "nonhunting" public, we have lowered our selfs to the same level as the anti's that lie to make their case!

Next

Return to Photo Corner