World's toughest deer

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
Everyday Hunter

RE: World's toughest deer

Postby Everyday Hunter » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:56 pm

There are clearly two sides to this.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

2tonyb

Postby 2tonyb » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:14 am

ORIGINAL: paulie

Soo, are you saying that we shouldnt share our pics because they may offend someone, or be used by some anti to "make their case"? I hate to break it to ya but, if they want to find pics like this, they will! If not here, somewhere else! Should we try to portray hunting as something its not (like they do), I mean, shit happens, people make bad shots, it sucks but, it happens! To say "all hunters are "perfect", a hunter never makes a bad shot or, a hunter finds every animal he(or she) shoots" would be a lie! Its a sad truth but it is "the truth" none the less!! I do understand where your coming from, but I dont think we should go crawl under a rock and "hide from the anti crowd"!  Do I always make a "perfect shot"? No! Have I ever lost an animal? Yes! Am I proud of that? Hell no! But I'm not ashamed either! Why? Because I did everthing I could to recover that animal! Would I lie to a "nonhunter" or "antihunter" about "ever losing an animal"? No! When we start lying to the "nonhunting" public, we have lowered our selfs to the same level as the anti's that lie to make their case!

It is not about lying.  It's about being smart.  It's about being smart in a very electronic world.  Are pics like this on the internet? Yes.  Should a hunting forum make them more accessable?  In my opinion, No.  I never said anything about "not sharing pics because they may offend someone".  That was your own backward interpretation.  How do you influence people in this country to get things changed?   Pictures with half truth stories on their T.V.s and computers.  A majority of people in this country are indifferent toward many issues including hunting.  It is those people that are most impressionable when it comes time for "Change".  Hell, look what "Moveon.org" pulled off.

paulie

Postby paulie » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:59 am

My point is, they are already "accessable"! 

Nubs

Postby Nubs » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:57 am

The first pic of the doe with the arrow through her head is real. I have about 6 or 7 pics of that deer at work taken from all different angles as she is feeding out in a field. Just encase anybody was wondering.

coach

Postby coach » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:30 am

I think 2tonyb has a good point,

Maybe we shouldn't send pictures like that around on emails....in your pocket.....photo albums.   We should be more careful.
But......This is reality, although reality suck sometimes..I love this sport for the bad and the good.

2tonyb, you have to realize this is a Hunting Forum...and we discuss all type of stories, accidents, incidents, experiences, show pictures...good or bad.  We all need to learn from other peoples mistakes...cause you won't live long enough to make them all.

I believe most of us think, if an anti-hunter comes into our Forum to try and get ugly pictures, fine.
No one said.......look at the cool pictures.   We all agree this is bad...but existant.

That was my point of this thread. But I understand what your saying.  We don't need to bash each other on this.

Take care
Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:49 am

It also depends on how the pictures are shared.

Meaning.....we do not enjoy seeing deer in pain. 
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

coach

Postby coach » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:29 pm

Exactly. !!
Well said Patriot......in alot shorter version then mine.

One day I'll get it [:D]
Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

paulie

Postby paulie » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:33 pm

All I was trying to say is, not sharing stuff like this simply out of fear that, some anti will "take them and run" to help push their agenda, is IMO the first step to giving them what they want! Yes, 2Tonyb does have a valid point but, like I said, these pics are out there on the web for "everyone" to see!

doe assassin

Postby doe assassin » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:54 am

ORIGINAL: Patriot

ORIGINAL: 2tonyb

Coach, Those photos are great fodder for anti-hunters. Great material for them to spread around. 

On one hand, great point 2tonyb.

On the other hand, althought very unfortunate (and most of the time unacceptable), accidents do happen. 

I wonder if the antis doctor up pics and send them around.  The top photo (doe with arrow in face) looks questionable.

Agreed
I do my grocery shopping in the woods.

Previous

Return to Photo Corner