Tragic Deer Deaths

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
Nubs

RE: Tragic Deer Deaths

Postby Nubs » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:53 am

This one took place in MN. I did not see the deer I am just copying and pasting what the original author wrote.

"I was fortunate enough to see these bucks shortly after they were found on November 16 near Henning , MN . Our deer shack is located about a mile from the swamp where the bucks were found. Here's the story... the guy that found them had left his stand Sunday morning and was walking back to their shack when he noticed a tine sticking out of the swamp grass just off the side of a four wheeler trail. He walked over to check it out and found the two bucks frozen in the swamp ice with only about one foot of each deer's side and about 10 inches of the tines above the ice. After getting help from some hunting partners, they managed to chop the deer out of the ice and get them loaded onto a flatbed trailer. The deer were then brought back to the shack and the word started to spread. The "smaller" of the two was a massive 8 pointer that green scored an estimated 150+ inches and the "larger" monster was a true swamp buck with what was thought to be 18 scorable points and a green score of 190+ inches. From what I've heard since these photos were taken, the two bucks are gaining statewide attention and the larger buck actually has 23 scorable points. It is thought that the bucks had been dead for 2 weeks before being discovered. Because of this, the capes had begun to deteriorate and were not capable of producing a mountable cape. However, new capes have been supplied and the bucks are in the process of being mounted locked together in battle. The twine on the antlers was to prevent the bucks from coming unlocked when the heads were removed. Also, check out the cup on the tip of the main beam on the big guy! Hope you enjoy the pictures. A truly once in a lifetime opportunity."

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:27 am

Wow, what beautiful animals....A shame they had to die like that!
QDM!

Goose

Postby Goose » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:30 am

Heres one I got in an email. Dont know if its true or not but the story says this was a older couple that had no clue they hit it!

Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

DoeEyed

Postby DoeEyed » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:40 am

Hello!!! How can you not know you have a deer hanging out of your grill?? "Gee honey did it feel like we hit something that weighs 140+ lbs? Car seems a little off. Let's go have lunch"[:o]
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:57 am

I got the same email about two weeks ago, said they traveled like 8 miles with the deer in the grill didn't know it till someone said something to them.

Just got these pics in my email yesterday, pretty stout bobcat.

Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

schlupis

Postby schlupis » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:45 pm

Sorry to say that pic looks fake to me thats either a really big lincoln or a really small deer.. no other damage to the deer from the car dragging it down the road pic looks stagged.... Still a cool pic.

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:01 pm

I agree, it looks like to be a huge car compared to the body size of that deer.  Very impressive story though!
QDM!

John1961

Postby John1961 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:43 am

I have to agree with everyone. Cool pics but how would you NOT know you hid a deer, dog or any critter that size. I hit an 8 point in southern Alabama once with my S-10 pick up and I felt every bit of that. Doeeyed made a good point. Looks to me like the nose is touching the ground, and no damage to the head at all. MMMMM..........
John
U.S. Army Retired and Proud American
Black Water Hunting Club
" BUY AMERICAN "

Iowabucks

Postby Iowabucks » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:39 pm

Somewhere about 2 years ago i found this on the internet.

Iowabucks

Postby Iowabucks » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:46 pm

How to load a moose at 60mph.

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Corner