I'm an idiot

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
Patriot

I'm an idiot

Postby Patriot » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:09 am

For the 3rd time in my life I had to make the following call to my father in law...

"Yeah, Dennis.  Ahhh......this is Paul.  I'm stuck.  Can you come pull me out with the John Deere tractor?"

I got my truck stuck in a soybean field this weekend while trying to drive my gear to my treestands.  I was planning to shoot from the stands.

I ran into a wet spot and buried it.  Forgot my camera at the time, but snapped these pics the next day.  You can see my tracks.  The pics from higher up were taken from "my island" treestand.

Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

buckhunter21

RE: I'm an idiot

Postby buckhunter21 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:24 am

LOL, oh so priceless!  So you couldn't tell it was a bit wet huh?  [8D]

I think we've all been there!

PS  In that last pic, is that your stand in the background, and is that you or your father-in-law pulling his boot out?  [:D]
QDM!

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:36 am

The fog was so thick that morning I couldn't see the wet part of the field until I was in it.

Yes, that's "my island" ladder stand in the pic (look up and to the left of my buddy's head).  My hunting blood brother DeadEye is acting the role of stuck in the muck.

coach

Postby coach » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:53 pm

BOYS WILL BE BOYS.
I LOVE IT. !!
Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:52 pm

ORIGINAL: Patriot

For the 3rd time in my life I had to make the following call to my father in law...

Say it ain't so! Not your father-in-law! You realize you'll pay for that in one way or another for as long as you both shall live! Image

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:03 am

My father in law is the best.  Whether it's draging out a deer or my truck, he's always there to help.

(by the way.....the pics above and the one shown here were the exact same field)

Bowtechian

Postby Bowtechian » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:23 am

Niiiice!

From the pictures it looks like it took a while for the thought "hey this ground is really soft" to "sink in".[:D]

Sounds like your father-in-law is not surprised by that type of call.
Dave M.

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:15 am

Yea, I met him already and he's not quite the sharpest tool in the shed....I mean where was he when I broke that string?  He should have been there to babysit me!  LOL  j/k Patriot! [:D]
QDM!

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:17 am

ORIGINAL: Bowtechian

Niiiice!

From the pictures it looks like it took a while for the thought "hey this ground is really soft" to "sink in".[:D]

Sounds like your father-in-law is not surprised by that type of call.

Exactly.  I felt like a frog in warm water and then the heat turned up.  By the time I realized I was in trouble, it was too late.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:32 am

So now when any of us bury a vehical or equipement we can say...."We pulled a Patriot"...lol[8D]

Next

Return to Photo Corner