I'm an idiot

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
Demoderby4

RE: I'm an idiot

Postby Demoderby4 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:12 am

I wouldn't classify yourself as an idiot [;)] just a bad start to the day! Looks like you guys had a little fun with it when it was all said and done lol [:D]
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

John1961

Postby John1961 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:24 am

OMG Ms.B That was great............ Been there done that. Got stuck one time trying to get unstuck. I got my front end stuck on a high hump ( going up hill ). Got out, pushed and like a dumb a55 did'nt set the parking break or leave the truck in gear. well the truck rolled backward turned left then rolled forward into a pound. Ok I'll say it DUMB ASS. Thats me. two ford 150's and my chevy s-10 was free and rolling again.
John
U.S. Army Retired and Proud American
Black Water Hunting Club
" BUY AMERICAN "

coach

Postby coach » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:01 pm

That's why you always go in mud in 2 wheel drive. So if you stuck, you can get out in 4 wheel drive.
But from the pic....I don't think 4 wheel drive would of made the difference.  lol

I like that Msbadger...." I pulled a Patriot ".   [:D]
Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:13 pm

Dont worry buddy we have all been there. At least 40% of my stories consist of me or one of my buddys getting stuck.
I might take the idiot award for just HAVING to try out my new all terrain tires while it was pouring AND on the day of my great grandmothers funeral. Thank goodness there was a guy to pull me out with a big tractor so I wasnt late. Cost me some $$$ to get out though.
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:14 am

"I pulled a Patriot."  [:D][:D]

The idiot part was referring to the fact that I buried a 3 wheeler in a muddy creek bottom in 1999, then got the Dodge Dakota buried in the muddy field road in 2004 (had to leave it there for several weeks til it dried up).  Some people never learn.

I even told myself last weekend.  "Be careful.  Don't get stuck again." 
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:32 pm

Hey Patriot....I felt bad for you with getting stuck and all and didn't want you to feel left out so I went out and got stuck myself today!  lol  Story is I was driving on one of our properties with the farm truck just looking to do some shed hunting and scouting.  I was hesitant at first but my pops said everything was frozen decent still so I gave it a whirl.  Long story short, I got stuck!  Everything else was fine and frozen for the most part but I should have known better since this corner is one of the last parts of the property to dry out since it's a low lying area, and with the recent rain/warm weather it got wet with the runoff.  Whoops!  I 'pulled a Patriot!'  lol :)

QDM!

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:45 am

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Some people never learn!

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

coach

Postby coach » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:08 pm

Just pretend its a big buck track.  [;)]
Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:05 pm

ORIGINAL: coach

Just pretend its a big buck track.  [;)]

Or a skid-mark from Toby's panties.........[:D]
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

wack

Postby wack » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:52 am

OK Coach and Patriot, it's time we get to the bottom of this and determine what the cause for this embarrassment is. lol We're going to need to know the make, year, model, motor, drive train, ect of said sinkers, along with detailed description of truck and driver reaction to the mud holes to determine if it was equiptment or driver error. So far the photographic evidences suggests a lack of ground speed, momentum and traction.[:D] We can't have Wisconsin hunters driving in mud like Georgia drivers in snow. When you fall off a horse, you get back on and try again.  Set up a video camera, (because we want to see) and try it again. This time, try going faster! A LOT FASTER! [:D]
American by birth, hunter by choice.

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Corner