Post Your 2009 Harvest Pics!

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
charlie 01

RE: Post Your 2009 Harvest Pics!

Postby charlie 01 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:53 pm

Yes, that is my arrow that you can see sticking out of him. Also, he was in the prosses of collapsing, he could only crawl from that point on. Again, I was truley amazed at what the Cuddeback Capture caught. Yes a picture of a life time. 
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

prohunter

Postby prohunter » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:38 am

Heres a buck that i killed on the first day of bow season in tn ,his live weight was 174lbs.
he has 3 main beams. The 2 blade rage works every time ,and congrats to charlie 01 that was coolest thing to get the kill shot on a game camera ( back straps allaround ) i think god himself had a hand in that .REAL NICE 10 point,hope this year brings you good luck also!!
JIM

take your kids hunting and you wont have to hunt your kids.

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:11 am

Nice buck also prohunter, JIM is it. It's always nice to get something on the unusual side. How many deer are you allowed to harvest each season? Do you have a good deer herd in your area or do you have to travel some? Most of my hunting spots are in and about an hour awayfrom home.

never say never

prohunter

Postby prohunter » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:22 pm

Hey charlie ,we are allowed 3 bucks per year, and 4 does in archery and 4 does in muzzleloader ,high power season is bucks only, i try to kill 1 good buck a year and one management buck ,and i do my best when comes to does.but i try keep one buck tag back just incase i see a giant ,but it seems i allways have an extra.
Most of my hunting is done within 15 miles of home,i can hunt at home but i only bow hunt here .
The deer heard could be better ,but i think the problem is the hunters in this area shoot anything , now i dont mind if a kid takes a young deer as they are still learning. I feel that they dont have any selfcontrol. But i am doing my best to right thing, check out what i got on my trail cam
Jim

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:34 pm

Looks like a shooter JIM. Didn't know you are allowed to shoot so many deer. Here in Illinois, only 2 bucks, how many does, I'm not sure. If I get 2 bucks, thats fine with me. Thats plenty of meat. Some states are at 1 buck and some amount of does. Ohio is such a state and are harvesting more and more record trophy deer. I feel, here in Ill. it should also be 1 buck, and some amount of does. No antler restictions, you take the trophy you want, and some does for more meat. That second buck you could have shot gets a chance to get bigger, or someone else gets his trophy buck, and with the taking of does, comes herd control. A certain percentage of hunters, including me will shoot 2 bucks and no does. But in my areas I would like to see more does. We have a coyote problem and it's takeing a toll on our fawns. Last season and the one before, I never saw a fawn, or got any trailcam pics of one. Not good. In the last 4 years I've shot three coyotes, but not enough. Sometimes I see 4&5 in a pack. I encouage some of the guys I hunt with to pick off a few, but they are not easy to kill. When they are hanging around,I do not see any deer. Although, that 10pt on camera was walking up to a coyote that I was trying to get a shot at. When that buck walked in, that changed my plans. And he was deffinetly not affraid of the coyote. Got to end this, its late. I get started and don't want to quit. How does one go about starting a "thread", and don't say with a needle. 
never say never

prohunter

Postby prohunter » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:47 am

hey charlie, i am with you on the trophy that we want ,not what they say u can have. The goverment is in to many things that they think they can control , hunting should not be one of them. maybe they should keep doing what there good at rippin us off.
To start a thread you just go the topic you want and just press( new post or new poll)
And write what you want ,You can even start your own polls.
Have you seen anything worth killing this year?
Jim

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:35 am

In my closest hunting area I've had a camera there since mid July with nothing but does and for the first time in 2yrs a fawn. Good sized and looks to be a buck. Could see little bumps on his head. Last week, in hard antler, a small to med. 8pt and a large, wide 10pt. The 10pt has long brow tines, but all points look to be short. Could be he is regressing. Don't think I would take him. With my years bow hunting and my age I'm pretty particular. I have time. I pretty much hunt every day from Oct. to mid Jan. Plus there are bigger ones around, I hope. Check out the ones in "Hit List".
never say never

SwampLife

Postby SwampLife » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:37 am

Charlie that is one of the coolest things I have ever seen and a beautiful buck.

I'm stealing those pictures and putting them on my computer to save them, that is just amazing.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:09 pm

prohunter-Here are the latest pics at my closest spot. I said earlier that he was a 10pt. I was mistaken, he's an 8pt. I have the oppuritunity to hunt an army training area, and two different friends farms that are in west central Ill. I also hunt 3 different state areas from time to time, and witch ever looks good. And this place, that the pics are from. I also have huntable property in west central Michigan. I use to hunt there often. It is a 4 hour trip one way, and besides, I do better at home. I leave it to my cousins boys. The deer in the pics, I think I have earlier sheds of him. those brow tines look familiar, the way they curve back. If it is him, he has to be regressing. He always had nice tall tines.

never say never

prohunter

Postby prohunter » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:51 pm

hey charlie,

Thats a nice deer,he sure is muscled up outfit.
I used to hunt in michigan around clair and bear creek,and boy do i miss it!
I used to live just outside detroit in roseville.But i dont miss detroit it a great place to be from!!!
Jim

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Corner