Photo Series: Bear Attacks, Eats Buck

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
Gulfcapt

RE: Photo Series: Bear Attacks, Eats Buck

Postby Gulfcapt » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:23 am

Your right Bryan They will wait till someone gets hurt or killed by a few then intervene... The lease I have now is eat up with bears, they will eat every bit of apple corn up you put out! THen throw it up... Big piles of it. My nephew has been checking my camera's while im at work. BEARS BEARS BEARS... with a few deer can't wait to get back home to replant.

What worries me is rounding a corner going to and from our plot ,and running face to face with one and her cub...
ORIGINAL: Bryan78

ORIGINAL: Gulfcapt
BTW Steve do you hunt bear in Penn. or Ontario? They still have it shut down here!

I don't see any hunting of Florida Black Bears in our lifetime.  From what I have seen on the news down there it is illegal to even harass them if they are in your yard.  Last year my uncle had one come up his driveway and climbed up one of his trees.  He said it was scrawny with a manged coat.  He did manage to get a few pics of him.

Amazing thing is, is that he lives right up against the Ocala National Forrest and that is the first time he had ever had a bear come onto his property in all the years he has lived there.

saintdeer

Postby saintdeer » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:57 am

I have never seen so many pansies on a hunting board in my life! If it was a turkey vulture would ya'll be crying too!? Poor deer, poor bear, wah wah wah! If the officer would have put the deer down then the lefties would be crying about that. or if he would scare or run the bear off, they would cry about that. This is the strangest collection of so called "Hunters" on any board on the net.
See ya'll later. Back to reality for me.

shooterduckhunter

Postby shooterduckhunter » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:25 am

I think what this boils down to is the old saying that if a tree falls in the woods and no one is there to hear it does it make a sound.  The same goes with these pictures if no one was there to take the pictures nature would have run its course and we wouldn't be the wiser.  It would be just another day in the food chain!!

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:30 pm

ORIGINAL: saintdeer

I have never seen so many pansies on a hunting board in my life! If it was a turkey vulture would ya'll be crying too!? Poor deer, poor bear, wah wah wah! If the officer would have put the deer down then the lefties would be crying about that. or if he would scare or run the bear off, they would cry about that. This is the strangest collection of so called "Hunters" on any board on the net.
See ya'll later. Back to reality for me.

I see this reply is to my post. Possibly it's referencing the posts of others, I don't know. But if I had any idea what it was about, I'd respond.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Gulfcapt

Postby Gulfcapt » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:37 pm

Steve I read it! I guess he's mad no one pays any attention to him...

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:28 pm

ORIGINAL: Gulfcapt

Steve I read it! I guess he's mad no one pays any attention to him...

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

DeerMan

Postby DeerMan » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:57 pm

Strange coincidence:  Last night while spotting deer, I came upon an obviously mortally wounded, but otherwise healthy-looking adult fox, lying in the road.   As I slowed to observe the fox, it lifted its head and stared back in return.   Though apparently aware of its surroundings, the fox either made no attempt to leave the road, or was unable to do so, because its only further reaction was some heavy breathing. 
What would you have done in this situation?   Put the fox, which was probably blindsided by a vehicle as it crossed the road from a woodlot to a goose-replete field, out of its misery, or let it naturally suffer through the night, or at least until another vehicle whizzed through and put an end to it?   Suppose the fox attracts the attention of coyotes/bears, of which there are many in the nearby woods, endangering more lives.   Consider also the legality of your potential actions.

Gulfcapt

Postby Gulfcapt » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:16 pm

Maybe That fox you talk about has rabbies!! So a vehicle whizzing by would have done mother nature a great deed! Indeed...

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:22 pm

Interesting story, DeerMan (and welcome to the D&DH forums.)

That reminds me of something that happened to me a couple of years ago. I was driving home after dark and came upon a great horned owl standing in the road. He wouldn't move. I drove up to him and kept my headlights on him, put an folded umbrella under his feet and picked him up. As he balanced on it, I carried him off the road and set him down in some weeds.

The next day I went back and couldn't find a trace of him. I'm only guessing, but I think he may have hit an overhead wire and was stunned. Lots of large birds, especially birds of prey, get hurt doing that. I hope he recovered and flew away.

It's dangerous for critters out there. In the case of a canine, you have to consider rabies or distemper. Many years ago I had a similar experience with a gray fox at a neighbor's house. Tough choice.

Steve

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:29 am

Holy cow ...some of you ppl actually hurt my brain reading this stuff...between the Ted post and this then mix in all the.... every year... ethical...moral ? that are thrown out there...I have to wonder if some ever remember what they write ...or can process the correlation  between subjects 

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Corner