Decent Bruiser

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
Gafrage

Decent Bruiser

Postby Gafrage » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:21 pm

Here is a picture I got from two bucks that were hanging out just off the road where I hunt.  Actually they were in a roadway on the property that goes back to some pines.

Forgive me if the picture isn't that great, but I tried to adjust the midtone colors so the antlers on the bigger one showed up.  The smaller one is a basket 8 pointer, with his left side busted off.  Young deer.  I'm guessing the bigger one is either a 3.5 or a 4.5 year old.   10 pointer, about an 18 inch inside.  I think there was another mature buck to the right, but I couldn't make it out as I drove past.  Possibly two getting ready to go at it?  Whatever he was focused on, he was serious about it.

note:  The lights are from my headlights.

DeerCamp

RE: Decent Bruiser

Postby DeerCamp » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:30 pm

To bad he's far away. Didnt give you anymore pics? Looks like me "might" be a nice 10.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Gafrage

Postby Gafrage » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:33 pm

I got 1 other picture, but you can't make anything out at all in the next one.  Both of the deer that I could see, moved closer to the pines (away from the road).  I tried to adjust the midtones in that one, but you can't make anything out at all.  Mostly just the eyes and the outline of the big bucks antlers.  Stupid Digital cameras :(

Gafrage

Postby Gafrage » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:46 pm

Here are a few pictures of some rubs that are starting to show up on the property.  Guess I need to move my trail cam to this location.

Return to Photo Corner