Getting Itchy!

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
allthingshunting

Getting Itchy!

Postby allthingshunting » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:30 am

Here are a few deer i ran into and got some decent pictures of over the holiday weekend.  Needless to say, Sept. 15th can't come quicker.  I was within archey range of these at one point.

msbadger

RE: Getting Itchy!

Postby msbadger » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:51 am

Great pics....I'm getting a little worried...frown...I just took cam down that had been out over a month on one of the plots and the pics I got were of the same doe and her single fawn....no buck ..turkey....nothing but one doe and one fawn...on the others I've gotten does and fawn and only one 4pt and a 3pt with one side messed up and a blurred pic of possible nice buck...not seeing too much in fields either.............

allthingshunting

Postby allthingshunting » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:36 am

if it makes you feel better, i haven't gotten near the pictures i get most years using my trail camera either.  Obvoiusly I have deer in the area, just not walking in front of the trail camera.  Have you been seeing deer otherwise?  These were all pics with my trusty kodak.  Not sure if we are just both unlucky or if there is some other factor at work.  I am guessing unlucky.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:52 pm

Skeeters here have been sooo bad I can't stay out long or still...I'm allergic to deet and other "natural" things don't work as well so no hand held photos yet....went to check a plot today and had that doe walk out of the brush and stare at me..... 2:00pm.....I froze and she continued feeding just 15 yrds away glancing at me on occation.....Geeezzz I look like I have the meazles and they all itch like it too....[&o]  But I never spooked her...Phew...[;)]

shadow

Postby shadow » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:44 pm

Great Pictures,
I went in the woods over the weekend to get my cheap wildview trail cam and check out the pictures, well...I was counting on the internal memory, not using an sd memory card, and the batteries had died, 2 weeks of waiting down the drain. I will always use new batteries in this camera from now on.

Return to Photo Corner