Ever hear this??

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
OptimO

Ever hear this??

Postby OptimO » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:31 am

This video clip features the first time we ever captured a deer harvest on film.  I know its a small buck and its immature but listen to the noise it makes when the arrow impacts the deer.  I've never heard this noise before and it actually seems kind of odd... I wouldn't expect a deer to make this sort of sound.

DEER VIDEO>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6BlQYTSf_U

Has anybody ever heard this before??
SCOUT HARD... HUNT HARDER

My YouTube Channel>> http://www.youtube.com/user/OptimONY?feature=mhum

jonny5buck

RE: Ever hear this??

Postby jonny5buck » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:45 am

I think that is the infamous ''growl'' you hear when a deer is shot close to ..or in the shoulder area....it hurts man....and i think that since deer are individuals with individual charactheristics that/that buck just had a higher pitched tone...i cant say i have heard that exact sound but very similar.

Also no need to point out it is a young or smaller buck...as long it is legal i could care less what the guys who have something negative to say about harvesting a young buck,or even a button buck...it's meat man...plain and simple --good job!

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:39 pm

Yes, more than once. The ones I had heard, were a lot louder and longer. Probably because they were older bucks, I'm guessing.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

Meules37

Postby Meules37 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:19 am

Rack is small, but the deer itself is gorgeous. Great colors, nice smooth coat. Awesome video too.

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:40 am

I've heard it once and it was with a doe fawn.  I shot her in the spine and she let out a growl for roughly 3 or 4 seconds.  Its something I don't want to hear again, it sent chills down my spine.
Scott

Return to Photo Corner