Photos: 23-Point Non-Typical Buck

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
BBD23

RE: Photos: 23-Point Non-Typical Buck

Postby BBD23 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:02 pm

So, you being a "Pro Staffer", never took a shot at a deer or an animal, that you questioned your shot? Wow you are good! I am impressed!! No, not really, but congrats.  You and and all the other haters are better than the rest of us.  Where should I send the THANK YOU cards?
[align=left] [/align]

MnMario125

Postby MnMario125 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:34 am

Wow! I can tell you one thing as a newbie reading all these posts, this "hollier than thou" attitude is a sure turn off to hunting. When I joined this forum I was super excited to see that most of the members were quite friendly and supportive. No where in his post/story does BBD23 say he's an expert. We all make mistakes and should learn from them. Actually I'm glad his story was posted. I can make my mind on what I think would be the right thing to do.

to all the haters: What is ethical? To palestinians, it is ethical to be a suicide bomber... obviously my point is extreme. Your opinions aren't facts... just opinions. Definetly not the letter of the law.

As of today there is an exerpt to a Ted Nugget article on Ethics... good read!

Cheers and Congrats BBD23.

dewey

Postby dewey » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:17 pm

ORIGINAL: Deebz

Yeah, this thread definitely went south...

I think everybody needs to remember that hunting is a very personal thing for everybody involved.  We all make our own choices and set our own standards.  No one person has any right to tell someone else that what they did was wrong, as long as it's inside of the law.

AMEN!! Brother Deebz!!!

Congratulations to you BBD23 on an amazing trophy!! Like some have said if you are comfortable taking that shot and that is what matters, if some other people don't like it tough crap.

Dewey
�Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.�

Mahatma Gandhi

vipermann7

Postby vipermann7 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:40 pm

I'll tell you the most amazing thing about this whole story: finding a taxidermist with a 45 day turn-around! Congrats on the deer.

BBD23

Postby BBD23 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:29 pm

Here are some pics of him on my wall.  Thank you MnMario125, Dewey, and vipermann7.  I'm glad to see there are some respectful "Pro Staffers" out there. Patriot from MN and vipermann from WI, my hat goes off to ya! Thank you. 
[align=left] [/align]

BBD23

Postby BBD23 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:54 pm

Patriot, here are the only 2 pics of him outside of truck.  They were taken with cell phones and not the best. We were trying to beat the rain.
[align=left] [/align]

MnMario125

Postby MnMario125 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:18 pm

Man that's a beast! I hope one day I can harvest a deer like that... heck as a newbie I just hope I can harvest A deer... lol! Congrats again!

ishman

Postby ishman » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:55 pm

Congrats on the big buck. He is a brute. It sounds like the typical chatter i hear in my everywhere else exists on here too. It seems that nobody can just be happy for a guy when he shoots a big deer. It seems that we have to pick it apart. Jealosy.         

Congrats again

hus

Postby hus » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:37 pm

Congrats on an awesome buck!  Forget the haters! Next time one walks out at 60...take it!  Someone else's take on ethics from the point of view from a shot distance that they weren't a part of is just plain silly.  Sounds like of bunch of cry babies!  Just like every other forum about any topic on the internet...someone does something exciting, different and big that they should be congradulated on and as always about 40% of the public has got to find something negative to say about it.  Anyway, congrats man, I'm jealous.

10PT

Postby 10PT » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:43 pm

Congrats to BBD23 on a great deer. Most people would love to just have the chance to see a deer that nice walk into their shooting lane. Don't let all of the negative comments bother you.
 To all the people criticizing BBD23 for an unethical shot. Have some respect. If you were in his shoes and had that buck of a lifetime standing at 60 yrds. would you have taken that shot ???  You will never know because you were not there. Period. It's one thing to sit at your pc and say what you would and wouldn't do, it's another thing to be in your stand and make a split second decision on taking a shot or not.
While we are talking ethics....BBD23 stated that he practiced at 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, and 60 yards and everything in between. How many of you participate in deer drives during gun season ? Now how many of you have taken shots at deer on a dead run at 25-35 mph ? Ok... Now how many of you practice regularly that same shot on a deer size target moving at 25-35 mph. My bet is not many. Now how many of you have wounded your deer on that shot but never recovered them. Now how many of you concider that an ethical shot. I have never participated in a deer drive and never will simply because I do not practice that shot on a moving target at 25-35 mph.

Clean up your own back yard before you tell your neighbor to clean his.

Nice buck BBD23 !

10PT    

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Corner