Grey Fox Mount

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
kribbz

Grey Fox Mount

Postby kribbz » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:21 pm

Just got my grey fox back. I shot this guy 2 years ago and the taxidermist has had it FOREVER!!! Super happy with it and he gave me a deal so I can't be to upset. What do you think?

Ohio farms

RE: Grey Fox Mount

Postby Ohio farms » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:37 pm

Very nice. Looks alive. Two years is a long time, but the last thing you want to tell your taxidermist is to "hurry up".
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

kribbz

Postby kribbz » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:48 pm

Yeah its a super long time. He originally told me it would be 3 months and then called and asked if he could have a bit longer and he would cut me a deal. I was planning on building a new house anyway so I said take however long you need. never thinking 2 years.. oh well, turned out good!

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:29 am

kribbz,
Good looking mount. Grey fox are cool animals and , in my opinion, not seen very often. My taxidermist took his time with a full body bobcat mount. I shot the critter in Dec 2004, then stuffed it in the freezer and kinda forgot about it until June of 2006. I dropped it off at Toby's and didn't get it back til December of 2008. I guess he took so long cause I hit it mid body with a 30-06 and damn near cut it in half.It was still worth the wait.

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:27 pm

Nice mount. Wow, you have such a nice neet room kribbz. I would almost be ashamed to show pics of mine room. Or did you do a quick straighten up job for the pics. Not being critical, but I take the permit tages off the antlers and stapel them to the back of the mount. It makes for a better showing without them wraped around the antlers. Or just put them in a safe place in case you ever need proof of the kill.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

kribbz

Postby kribbz » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:58 pm

Thanks everyone! I didn't clean up for the picture, thats my office and I work from home so I tend to keep it pretty neat. I think its my OCD

MSHunter

Postby MSHunter » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:04 pm

Hey Kribbz.
That's a great mount!!ImageImage
As are the deer and pheasant mounts. Nice office.

I too work out of my home, but when I had an office, it wasn't that clean or organized.
"This is the world we are born into -- we should never let that slip away from us. May it never cease to stimulate, inspire and humble us." from Stalking & Still-Hunting: The Ground Hunter's Bible by G. Fred Asbell

Return to Photo Corner