Stand/Blind Pics

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
4khorn

Stand/Blind Pics

Postby 4khorn » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:21 pm

Anyone have any pics of their treestand or blind set ups?  I would love to see what types of trees others are hunting from or how other brush in their blinds.  Share views from your sets too if you would like.  Here are a couple of my sets and views. 

My pursuit of a buck of a lifetime is much like the Chicago Cubs pursuit of a World Series...the season ends with a "wait til next year"

Luke

Rutnut

RE: Stand/Blind Pics

Postby Rutnut » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:56 pm

I think treestand pics are great. I always take pictures of mine, and have a huge album full of differnt set ups.

I hunt out of a blind for January only. Here is a view from inside, and the blind it self. It blends in nice with the snow. The wind is almost always going in the rite direction, and they never seem to see me.

motorbreaker

Postby motorbreaker » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:07 pm

Heres a couple pics via my trophy cam.
This setup is a corn field next to a bedding area.
There were no good trees so this is what we came up with.
It worked out very well.

Huntingdad

Postby Huntingdad » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:09 pm

A video view from one of our ground blinds. Dont let the turkey and hogs take away from the view. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM58GBPsw5k

Eat or be Eaten!!!!

easports

Postby easports » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:56 am

Here are two blind set-ups that I use.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:59 pm

Nice blinds and stands...Easeport ...how tall are those blinds of yours?

I haven't any recent pics....so pardon the rerun...I'll have new ones this spring[;)] The red one is the chicken coop/blind....couple hundred yards from the house in the woods...for some reason they seem attracted to the rooster crowing...go figure[:)]

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:45 pm

I have 7 permanent stands at my Marshall County hunting land. All were wood platforms built by the previous lease holders. One of them came down 2 years ago and I replaced it with a 2 man ladder. Last May, a high wind storm dropped a tree right on the platform of another one. We do annual maintenance on the stands, but we'll probably just erect another 2 man ladder to replace the wind damaged one. It is the stand in the first picture with a white pail for a seat. The last picture shows what it looks like now. I've killed 4 bucks from these stands in the last four years. I know I should replace them, but they just work too good. I always wear a harness while climbing and I leave the 40 foot safety ropes out on the stands all during hunting season so that I'm covered from the time that I leave the ground.

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:26 pm

My Alabama lease has 14 box blinds, three ladder stands ,and a "Sportsman's Condo". They've been built by various members over the course of several years. The ladder stands were homemade steel weldments covered with rubberized cargo netting. We attached roofs over several of them.

Return to Photo Corner