Deer with names...

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
franky85

RE: Deer with names...

Postby franky85 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:11 pm

I've got a couple this year.  Seems like there are three or four each year.

Righty (split right G2)

Lefty  (split left G2)

The Headache  (antlers fused together across his skull)

CoG

Postby CoG » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:37 pm

Franky,
Damn, your Lefty is a stud!  Cool to have two mirror image bucks like that.  Righty and Lefty survive this season?
-Benny

franky85

Postby franky85 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:44 am

As far as I know, they are still on the hoof.  I didn't get them and there are only a couple guys that hunt around me and they didn't, so as long as these guys didn't travel too awful far I believe they are alive.  Although I don't have any recent pictures of them so who knows.  I'm having a hard time getting any big buck pictures on trail cams right now.

CoG

Postby CoG » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:26 pm

Seems like all big bucks have gone scarce this late in the season.  I got a new little guy that moved in a few weeks ago.  He needs a name.  Hopefully I'll get photos of my big bucks before they drop.  Let us know if you get any.
-Benny

Rutnut

Postby Rutnut » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:59 pm

I don't see the same bucks enough to name them. But there is a doe that lives in my woods that me and my wife named Eileen. I have been watching her since 2005. The first time I saw her was about 2 am in my back yard during an ice storm. I couldn't beleive how she moved around. She is so cool. She is always on her game. First to lift her head, first to take off.

here she is with her sisters,

And again on an old trail cam pic.

Rutnut

Postby Rutnut » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:01 pm

The crew

GTOHunter

Postby GTOHunter » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:16 pm

We usually don't name all the Deer but there has  been a few lately that just beg to be named...so here's list of a few of them!There's a nice Big Spike Buck running around that I call Sexy Legs because his legs are really muscular looking,then there's the really Big Buck I named Mr. Big Crabby Claws,his front beams on both sides of his rack resemble Crab Claws so that's how he got his name and he was one of the biggest Bucks on the Farm...sad thing is I found him dead down in the woods where we had a severe storm a few years ago blow several large tree's down.I think he was shot and wounded during the Nov. Rifle season and he made it back to our Farm where he felt safe?I called the local Game Warden and got a permit to keep the head and rack,then I took him to my local Taxidermist and he supplied me with a new Cape and I paid to have him mounted..and he was done this past Oct. 2010 and resides on my Log Wall! 

Previous

Return to Photo Corner