Nostalgic Clothing

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
Patriot

Nostalgic Clothing

Postby Patriot » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:45 pm

Do you have any lucky shirts, hats, or other pieces of hunting clothing you wear?

I have this facemask/hat I've had ever since my first year of hunting (1989....that's me in the bottom left).

Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

buckhunter21

RE: Nostalgic Clothing

Postby buckhunter21 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:57 pm

That's really cool Patriot! 

I hold on to some random stuff, but no pieces of clothing.  One thing that still bums me out is that I had a knife that I got right before I turned 12 and my first year hunting....Field dressed my first deer with it, my first buck, etc....then about four years ago I shot a buck on Thanksgiving Day, load it in the truck, drive back to the house and when I get back there I realize that I don't have it.  Super bummed.  I drove back and searched and searched in the leaves and didn't find it.  Still hurts to this day, as I said.  [:(]
QDM!

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:22 pm

I have a bandana that is a blue print with images of deer and other game on it that a very dear friend gave to me 35 years ago. It's been in my pocket for every deer kill I've made since.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Nubs

Postby Nubs » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:28 pm

I have been waring the same pair of socks every year for opening day of rifle season. They have pictures of bucks on them that of course have faded a lot sense I first got them.  

DoeEyed

Postby DoeEyed » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:01 am

I have a camo sweatshirt I got from my mentor/friend. I seem to get a deer more often than not when I'm wearing it.
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

JPH

Postby JPH » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:01 am

I have a pair of shorts I wear as a bottom layer. Sorry, I only have one grainy photo of me wearing them.

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:17 am

I have a couple of things. I used to wear a pair of blaze orange coveralls I had since I was 15 I think, I wore them until I was 23 when I started to put on some weight and they didnt fit anymore. They had alot of blood stains on them from all the deer I shot over the that period of time. I also had a blaze orange back pack made out of fleece I used since I started hunting at 12, Im 28 now. The zipper finally gave away this year and had to throw it. I carried my tow rope, extra clothes, thermos, flashlight, lunches in that thing. And you cannot find another backpack like it anymore. I don't think any of that stuff gave me luck, but I used them during my most memorable hunts over the years.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:08 pm

ORIGINAL: JPH

I have a pair of shorts I wear as a bottom layer. Sorry, I only have one grainy photo of me wearing them.

You look great!!
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:15 pm

Hey JPH,

Let's hear some, "Sweat! Sweat! Sweat! YAAAAAYYYY!!!!"

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:19 pm

I have a purple/black ish camo hoodie thing I believe I have wore on every deer hunt since 1986/7 winter.
Not sure if that is old and or nostalgic but....

This year I ceased wearing it. Went in a new direction.

I think we at DDH should resurrect the old Black/Red wear for our hunting!

Whaddya say
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Next

Return to Photo Corner