Feel Very Sorry For This Guy!

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
CoG

RE: Feel Very Sorry For This Guy!

Postby CoG » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:13 pm

Any updates?
-Benny

droptine300

Postby droptine300 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:16 am

Unfortunately no updates.  I emailed a couple of neighbors and they didn't know anything either.  My buddy watched the pond he was coming into this weekend.  However, the pond is now froze over so no deer are coming into it.   

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:15 pm

It dosen't seem like he would travel too far. If he has a hard time getting around, they usually hang around water. Thats one thing they need to survive. Are there any creeks  in the area? Has anyone walked around the area to see if there is any sign of him? You might want to look for his antlers. They sometimes lose them early due to certain wounds. Mostly life threating wounds. Have seen this often, and heard of this from other hunting friends. When they lose antlers because of this, they wont be close together, they will be far apart. I find, when hurt bad they go into very thick cover so as not to be easily found. Some I find are in places so thick with brush you wonder how in the world can they get through this stuff with those antlers.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

Pro Buck

Postby Pro Buck » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:05 am

droptine300 i agree you should sit that water hole or have a friend do it. alot of times when a deer is wounded like this infection is setting in and the deer needs water to help fight the fever that comes from the infection .good luck

muzzyswuirrel@gmail.

Postby muzzyswuirrel@gmail. » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:20 pm

poor guy.... what a shame! just goes to show ya that if youre going to take a shot, better make it a good one!
muzzysquirrel

droptine300

Postby droptine300 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:04 pm

Update:  I was not able to see this buck again after this picture.  Right before gun season the pond froze solid.   There is no natural water sources anywhere that I know around my property.  As far I know his wasn't harvested by the neighbors.  All I can do is hope he somehow makes it.

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:00 pm

Too bad for this deer.  It's amazing what they can live through.  You never know.  Maybe you get him next year and find the broadhead in him still.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

3tail

Postby 3tail » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:31 pm

i hate for people to see things like this it just gives the anti hunter more ammo i bowhunt to so i understand that this can happen. .

piebal

Postby piebal » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:38 pm

Just goes to show you how much of a survival machines they really are

bowboxer

Postby bowboxer » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:37 pm

i really hate to see this. i would love to help you hunt that deer if you lived close by. i talk to a land owner,he lived a few miles from the house last year, he wanted me to hunt his land to take a buck that had a broken leg, but he said that is the only deer i could take, thats fine i said. hunted for a day or so and the buck got hit my a car. i told the land owner he say o.k. i haven't hunted the land know more but i just hate seeing this type of stuff. i hope you get him.

Previous

Return to Photo Corner