Have you ever seeen aything like this???

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
charlie 01

RE: Have you ever seeen aything like this???

Postby charlie 01 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:54 pm

That's a new one on me. I've found a lot of sheds over the years, and never anything like that. From being fused together at the base, and the brow tines being messed up, the rest of the antler stucture seems normal.

I also would say at least 5 1/2, maybe more.

If he was able to pass on this antler trait, I would think, with his age, by now you should have seen something with his antler characteristics. Probably the only way by sight, would be the narrow rack.

Have found sheds from deer with (I think to be brain disese) that a big chunk of skull structure well below the antler "burr", broke off when they shed it. And talk about stink from some kind of abscess, you could not imagine. Don't think he has anything like that.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

msbadger

RE: Have you ever seeen aything like this???

Postby msbadger » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:26 am

CoG...well stated point....just look at ppl and genetics...ie...Mr B. and I are 5'10" and 5'6"....med to dark brown hair....reg. to... ya I have weight issues...hazel and blue/grey eye color

So we have 2 children....our girl is 5'7"...red hair blue eyes and slender....our son is 6'3" average build med/dark brown hair and dark brown eyes

Neither of our kids looks like either one of us or each other...with the exception of one or two things each....BUT....great grand dad on Mr.B.s side 6'4"...my dad and brother 6'1"....daughter looks like Mr.B.'s  maternal Aunt..... son looks like combo of my brother and the native American side of my grand mother

charlie 01

Re: Have you ever seeen aything like this???

Postby charlie 01 » Mon May 14, 2012 8:20 am

Hey franky85, how are things. Do you still have those shed antlers that had a solid plate connection? If so, did you ever do anything with them? Ran across something that may interest you. Purchased a book of the Shed Antler Records of north american big game. In there they list 2 connected sheds like you found. Both are from Iowa. They are listed as solid plate sheds. The largest scores 128 7/8. Did you ever have them scored? If you are interested, you could have them listed in the book. Here is a phone # you can call for more info. (608) 666-2071.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

Previous

Return to Photo Corner