Couple more bucks

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
shad309

Couple more bucks

Postby shad309 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:32 pm

Only found two decent bucks the other morning. Not much moving for some reason. One of them is pretty young and he will be a nice looking buck in another year or two. The other old boy I didn't get to in time  :-\ I saw him in velvet and when he was just coming out of it. It's a shame because he had an awesome rack with a drop tine........ it's gone now and his eye's not looking to good either.

One Eyed Willie

dewey

RE: Couple more bucks

Postby dewey » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:53 pm

Good name for that second deer. Hopefully you get a shot at him and the next picture of him is with you posing next to him.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Dewey
�Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.�

Mahatma Gandhi

shad309

Postby shad309 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:29 pm

These will be the only shots I get of him. I haven't hunted with a bow or gun in about 10 years. I found it to difficult to get permission to hunt around here and my family wont eat deer. No point in me going out there just to trophy hunt. I'm not into killing just to be killing.

I'm good with getting my photos and then someone else tagging them [;)]

Gulfcapt

Postby Gulfcapt » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:37 pm

shad keep them coming I enjoy looking at you pics..
the older man/deer looks like his eye has been punchered, his left side of his eye looks swollen..

dewey

Postby dewey » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:46 pm

ORIGINAL: shad309

These will be the only shots I get of him. I haven't hunted with a bow or gun in about 10 years. I found it to difficult to get permission to hunt around here and my family wont eat deer. No point in me going out there just to trophy hunt. I'm not into killing just to be killing.

I'm good with getting my photos and then someone else tagging them [;)]

Understandable and like Gulfcapt said please keep the photos coming they are great.

Dewey
�Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.�

Mahatma Gandhi

shad309

Postby shad309 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:28 pm

Don't worry! I will post enough to make you sick LOL. If I can track it, call it, or stalk it I will take it's picture. Fur, feathers, fins- I don't care [:D]

This is in my blood. I've been in the woods since I was old enough to sit still. The camera keeps me in it.

1Morgan

Postby 1Morgan » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:56 pm

You should see his turkey pics. You need to make calendars. Thanks for sharing them with us.
South Carolina Low Country

CoG

Postby CoG » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:01 pm

Hell I don't think he has that eye.  Also with the broken left side, he's been fighting his ass off this year.  Maybe he knows this might be his last hoorah and is willing to rough up everyone to spread his seed!  He looks battered.
-Benny

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:05 am

Would like to see the one that kicked his butt. [:D]
Turkey & Turkey Hunting
Pro-Staff for Wisconsin
Scott

Return to Photo Corner