Central IL rut is on

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
shad309

RE: entral IL rut is on

Postby shad309 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:40 pm

If they want them, I would be happy to work something out with them [:D]

Free magazine subscription for 5 years...... [;)]

Gulfcapt

Postby Gulfcapt » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:22 pm

Those are great pic Shad309! you should give video a try..

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:20 pm

Hey Randy,

I hunt over near Watseka... Used to drive past your area on my way to school at ISU... I've seen some REALLY big bucks along 39.  Done any good this year?

shad309

Postby shad309 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:39 pm

ORIGINAL: Gulfcapt

Those are great pic Shad309! you should give video a try..

I've been looking into adding a nice HD cam to my setup. I do have a chance to go and run video for a guy this fall/winter. I'm going to give it a shot and see what happens. It will be interesting and am sure a little different. He said I can take my regular camera and take pics of the deer he passes on LOL

shad309

Postby shad309 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:50 pm

ORIGINAL: Deebz

Hey Randy,

I hunt over near Watseka... Used to drive past your area on my way to school at ISU... I've seen some REALLY big bucks along 39.  Done any good this year?

These bucks were just off of 39. There are some bigger ones in there but they are still a little deeper in the woods. I'm hoping they start moving a bit more. I don't want to go in and push them out when I've got plenty of action where I am. I imagine they will come out to kick someones butt soon enough

Marc Anthony

Postby Marc Anthony » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:13 pm

ORIGINAL: shad309

Hey Randy,

These bucks were just off of 39. There are some bigger ones in there but they are still a little deeper in the woods. I'm hoping they start moving a bit more. I don't want to go in and push them out when I've got plenty of action where I am. I imagine they will come out to kick someones butt soon enough

If I'm not mistaken, those bucks are protected off of 39. That area is doe only hunting. There's some real monsters lurking over there but only the people with private ground that surrounds that area are allowed to hunt those bucks. I won't reveal the exact location but it's always been a great place to watch deer!

Great photos Shad309!
"A fool learns from his own mistake but a wiseman learns from a fool's mistake "

shad309

Postby shad309 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:33 pm

ORIGINAL: Marc Anthony

Hey Randy,

If I'm not mistaken, those bucks are protected off of 39. That area is doe only hunting. There's some real monsters lurking over there but only the people with private ground that surrounds that area are allowed to hunt those bucks. I won't reveal the exact location but it's always been a great place to watch deer!

Great photos Shad309!

You would be correct, most of that area is protected & does only. Those big boys do venture off every now and again. Gaining access to those areas is near impossible as well.

Marc Anthony

Postby Marc Anthony » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:45 pm

ORIGINAL: Marc Anthony

[quote]ORIGINAL: Deebz

Hey Randy,

Great photos Shad309!

You would be correct, most of that area is protected & does only. Those big boys do venture off every now and again. Gaining access to those areas is near impossible as well.
[/quote]

A friend of mine manages that entire area. They have doe hunts available to the public but the bucks are off limits. He says that everybody and their brothers try to get permission to hunt the surrounding properties! :-)
"A fool learns from his own mistake but a wiseman learns from a fool's mistake "

shad309

Postby shad309 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:53 pm

Yeah, that area is overran with deer. They really need to cull a few ugly racked bucks as well. Tell your buddy the herd would look better if they practiced QDM!
I have access to land around there but only with a camera. I have yet to find someone willing to let me hunt instead of paying to hunt on their property. For the price people ask I'm better off buying hogs & steers and having them butchered at a lower price.

Marc Anthony

Postby Marc Anthony » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:03 pm

Yeah, that area is overran with deer. They really need to cull a few ugly racked bucks as well. Tell your buddy the herd would look better if they practiced QDM!
I have access to land around there but only with a camera. I have yet to find someone willing to let me hunt instead of paying to hunt on their property. For the price people ask I'm better off buying hogs & steers and having them butchered at a lower price.

He knows that but the owners say "no".

The people that live in the in the vicinity of that place are just as hard to deal with...as you know already. The funny thing, anyone could have a place like that if they practice better harvesting habits. It only takes 2 years at the minimum! Any existing 2.5 year old will be a 4.5 year old if given the chance. From there, you'll have years of mature animals to hunt!

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Corner