Photos: Bear Takes Over Treestand

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
Ben Sobieck

Photos: Bear Takes Over Treestand

Postby Ben Sobieck » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:01 am

These bear photos just keep rolling in to Deer & Deer Hunting. Must be the time of year.

A hunter from the Dryden, Ontario, Canada, area went to his treestand last month. He expected to climb right up. Instead, he found his stand occupied by a black bear.

Has this ever happened to you? What about bears coming up the tree while you're in the stand?

Speaking of bears and bow-hunting, check out I Remember Papa Bear.

DeerCamp

RE: Photos: Bear Takes Over Treestand

Postby DeerCamp » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:58 am

i cant say that this has happend to me before...but i sure hope it never does! cool pics
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

easports

Postby easports » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:25 am

Who is hunting who at this point? Make sure the bear doesn't break out a rifle from that vantage point.

MuzzleHeadWayne

Postby MuzzleHeadWayne » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:47 pm

Found a snake on the seat and plenty of squirrels, even another human once. But never a bear. I tend to climb up in the darkness of pre-dawn. Maybe I might just use my headlamp for a second or two from now on. Notice that the bear is not wearing a safety harness?
Did ya ever notice, the best tasting meats always come in their natural wrappings?

Wolfman

Postby Wolfman » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:28 pm

[font="Arial"]I don't know what the big deal is here. All the guy had to do was loosen the tree straps & the bear would had the ride of his life.[/font] [:D]
IF YOU'RE NOT PART OF THE SOLUTION, THEN YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

Gulfcapt

Postby Gulfcapt » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:35 pm

LOOKS LIKE TO ME THAT BEAR IS HUNTING LOL

Gulfcapt

Postby Gulfcapt » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:09 pm

He probably didn't even ask permission to use that stand!

TRESPASSER!!!

cmarberg18

Postby cmarberg18 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:21 am

I so would love to make a quirky comment about this pic but a lot of you beat me to it. Love some of the posts! Im going to take this on more of a serious tone now, and this was brought to my attention to a friend I showed these pics to. If you look at the bear in the stand notice how much it stands out, not just for the fact its a bear in the stand but in general how its silhouetted against the background. How much are we as hunters doing the same thing? Has the owner of the stand ever been busted out of this set up before? If so has he done anything to try and correct that? Also one has to wonder with the same pics, what would the bear look like in the new vertigo camo? Would it make that much of a difference? Sorry for taking this somewhat serious but it was a good point my friend brought up, but love the pics. I saw someone posted he was a trespasser, anyone check his citizenship papers? Never know, this might have been taken in Arizona.

Crookedneck

Postby Crookedneck » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:43 am

I think that is the sow of the cub that was chewing on a deer in a prior post......now I know how the deer was injured.... I think this is called evolution....bears are getting smarter....LOL!!!

But seriously, I would call the DNR and report hunter harassment. Then stand back and watch and laugh when the DNR showed up to deal with it...Now imagine how funny that would be.

Crookedneck

Psychoticchaos

Postby Psychoticchaos » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:35 pm

that is really funny, Looks like another hunter thought that would be a good stand

Next

Return to Photo Corner