Wondering

Mason Barlow

Wondering

Postby Mason Barlow » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:02 am

Hello, Ilive in Argos and I was wondering if anyone lives close by. If so, how big of bucks have you been getting. Please keep me posted.

Mason Barlow

DeerAddict

RE: Wondering

Postby DeerAddict » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:13 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum...
I live in Goshen, IN (Elkhart County). I've lived here for a long time but i've never hunted here until this year. I usually go up to Michigan to hunt, but this year I got permission to hunt a farm close to my house.

Since i've never hunted this place until this year, I don't really know where the deer are yet. So far the pic below is the second biggest buck i've seen. The other buck I saw was a lot bigger, but I didn't get any pics, and he was too far away for a shot. He was an eight point that I guess would have scored around 120ish.

This is my first year bowhunting so this deer was tempting, but I ended up passin on him. What have you seen so far???

trophyhunter1980

Postby trophyhunter1980 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:49 am

I am having problems uploading pics but checkout my page @ www.facebook.com/badappleoutdoors to see what we have been seeing in Indiana this year! Most of these are from Northeast Indiana.
www.facebook.com/badappleoutdoors

NRA LIFE MEMBER

WHITETAILS UNLIMITED LIFE MEMBER

NORTH AMERICAN HUNTING CLUB LIFE MEMBER

Bryan78

Postby Bryan78 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:55 pm

Originally from Rochester and saw one heck of a monster 12 pointer last year through my binoculars south of town.  Would love to have an opportunity again this year to see him let alone shoot him on opening weekend but the way work is going it looks like I am going to miss opening weekend of gun season.[:(]

Did see a couple of bruisers a few weeks ago in Big Oaks NWR during my draw hunt.

Return to Indiana