Opening Day of ML Season. Anyone Going to be Out?

8uck5nort

Opening Day of ML Season. Anyone Going to be Out?

Postby 8uck5nort » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:01 am

Me and my two sons will all be out again. I just have a gut feeling this will be our weekend for one of us to bag a buck. I hope one of the boys gets one. That would make for a great season. Even better if both of them get one.

We need one or maybe two more deer to fill the freezer for this upcoming year.
Veni, Vidi, Sagittam Mittere, now I'm ready for my nap :)

Wanderer

RE: Opening Day of ML Season. Anyone Going to be Out?

Postby Wanderer » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:06 pm

We've got big doings at the sister-in-laws house up north of Lansing,MI this saturday. I'm gonna have to give up the first weekend to hold family traditions on the wife's side. I'll be working in Iowa monday and tuesday, then up to Wisconsin for the rest of the week. Looks like 2nd weekend will be my first opportunity to make smoke.

paulie

Postby paulie » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:31 pm

Our muzzle loader season opens tomorrow (the fourth) here in Michigan. Being that I dont own a 'smokepole' I'll be breaking out the archery takle (archery runs through Jan 1st).

8uck5nort

Postby 8uck5nort » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:06 pm

This was a great opening day for Muzzleloader!

My youngest son downed his first buck and second deer ever. This is his first season. He put a 40 yard shot with open sight and double lunged this deer. Gotta love youth and the eyes to still see that good in the early dawn light. Wow.

He will want to tell it in his own words, but I just can't resist posting a father/son pic. We celebrated by taking out the tenderloins and suateeing in butter and white wine and added some nice baked potatoes wit butter and sour cream. Doesn't get much better than that!

Veni, Vidi, Sagittam Mittere, now I'm ready for my nap :)

paulie

Postby paulie » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:55 pm

A big congrats to your boy, thats a nice lookin deer! I hope it's the "first of many" for the lad!!

Return to Indiana