Taking Youngest Son Hunting for First Time!

8uck5nort

Taking Youngest Son Hunting for First Time!

Postby 8uck5nort » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:51 am

I have three sons. The middle one, 17, has been hunting with me during gun/muzzie season for a few years. My oldest, 18, goes squirrel hunting every once in while, but the youngest, 15, never really showed an interest. Wednesday he comes in and asks if I will take him hunting. You bet! I got his youth apprentice license and am taking him out this weekend for the youth deer hunt.

He says he doesn't really know if he can kill a deer, but wants to see what it's all about. I told him not to worry about killing the deer. If you can't do it then we will have a camera. Take a picture. If you can get a picture chances are you could of killed the deer. Either way we will sit together and have some fun.

I sure hope we get the deer to come through. That would be the icing on the cake for me this season.
Veni, Vidi, Sagittam Mittere, now I'm ready for my nap :)

2tonyb

RE: Taking Youngest Son Hunting for First Time!

Postby 2tonyb » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:41 pm

Sounds like a great opportunity for some father son time. Hopefully he'll have a good exciting hunt right off the bat and he'll be hooked. Good luck!

John1961

RE: Taking Youngest Son Hunting for First Time!

Postby John1961 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:26 am

Neither one of our son's like hunting. Fishing yes. My 6 year old grandbuddy tells me every time there is a deer on tv and that some day he wants to hunt with grand pa. Best of luck with your son. 
John
U.S. Army Retired and Proud American
Black Water Hunting Club
" BUY AMERICAN "

Return to Indiana