Got Out Sat. Morning for Youth Season

8uck5nort

Got Out Sat. Morning for Youth Season

Postby 8uck5nort » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:09 am

My son and I got out Saturday morning. Saw three bucks in about a five mintue time span about a hour after sun up. The only one within range of the .357 mag he was carrying came through and never stopped or slowed down for a clean shot so we watched him disappear into the thickets. Closest he got was about 60 yards away. We tried to put a stalk on him after an half hour or so, but he was in the uncut corn on the down wind side of the woodlot. We bumbed him walking the field edge trying to get to the bedding area. So we backed out and let him be.

Had company that evening and he stayed up to late visiting with his cousins so he slept in on Sunday :-( and did not want to go.
Veni, Vidi, Sagittam Mittere, now I'm ready for my nap :)

Mason Barlow

RE: Got Out Sat. Morning for Youth Season

Postby Mason Barlow » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:01 pm

I am 14 and im very pissed. I have never subscribed to a magazine before, so I subscribed to this magazine. They said on the card I filled out to subscribe that they would keep my personal info confidential. Then, as soon as I subscribe, I'm getting junk mail, and email from visa and master card.
ORIGINAL: 8uck5nort

My son and I got out Saturday morning. Saw three bucks in about a five mintue time span about a hour after sun up. The only one within range of the .357 mag he was carrying came through and never stopped or slowed down for a clean shot so we watched him disappear into the thickets. Closest he got was about 60 yards away. We tried to put a stalk on him after an half hour or so, but he was in the uncut corn on the down wind side of the woodlot. We bumbed him walking the field edge trying to get to the bedding area. So we backed out and let him be.

Had company that evening and he stayed up to late visiting with his cousins so he slept in on Sunday :-( and did not want to go.
Mason Barlow

Bryan78

RE: Got Out Sat. Morning for Youth Season

Postby Bryan78 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:49 am

ORIGINAL: Mason Barlow

I am 14 

I was driving my old Dodge 3500 Cummins diesel

If you are 14, then why on earth were you driving down the road for as you stated in another topic?  Good way to get yourself in serious trouble.

Return to Indiana