The Chase Is On!

djohns13

The Chase Is On!

Postby djohns13 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:39 am

I was out this morning trying to fill my two anterless tags.  The wind made it feel really cold out there.  Me and four other guys were out, all thinking that the recent cold front would jump start the chasing in central Indiana.  All five of us saw bucks chasing multiple does today.  All bucks were small except for one 8 pointer.  I saw a 3 pointer chasing three does that were all much bigger than him.  Gotta hand it to him, he set his goals high.  None of the does were receptive at all so hopefully we have at least another week or so of chasing before breeding starts.  I wish I wasn't so busy at work, this week would be the week to be out there.

Good shooting.
Darren Johnson
Internet Pro Staff Member - Indiana

Glad to talk to all of you, but I'd rather be sitting in a tree stand on a cool morning trying not to move so that the bruiser buck directly below me doesn't figure out that I am watching him!

8uck5nort

RE: The Chase Is On!

Postby 8uck5nort » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:15 am

I was out Saturday, Sunday and Monday morning. I have seen many deer. One nice 10 pointer, but he was following a doe around and never got in range. Two small bucks and one nice (probably 2.5 yr old) 8 pointer which I got the fever and promptly missed.
Veni, Vidi, Sagittam Mittere, now I'm ready for my nap :)

Return to Indiana