Sportsmen Against Hunger

hunter480

Sportsmen Against Hunger

Postby hunter480 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:31 am

This link will take you to the IDNR website with the names and locations of processors you can use, who will get, some or all of your venison into the hands of folks who would appreciate the meal.

http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/4416.htm

Good hunting, and please help out if you can.

djohns13

RE: Sportsmen Against Hunger

Postby djohns13 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:04 am

Great post Greg.

Hopefully many of us Hoosiers will take the opportunity to help what is a very real problem in our state.  Thanks in advance to all for your donations.

Good shooting.
Darren Johnson
Internet Pro Staff Member - Indiana

Glad to talk to all of you, but I'd rather be sitting in a tree stand on a cool morning trying not to move so that the bruiser buck directly below me doesn't figure out that I am watching him!

djohns13

Postby djohns13 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:05 am

This message is getting pinned to the top of the Indiana forum so that it will be the first visible message.

Thanks.
Darren Johnson

Glad to talk to all of you, but I'd rather be sitting in a tree stand on a cool morning trying not to move so that the bruiser buck directly below me doesn't figure out that I am watching him!

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:07 am

Good deal. This is as important as anything we deal with, or debate here. It`s people, who are the salt of the earth, helping other good people.

Please do help out with donations if at all possible. If anything is worthwhile, this certainly is.

Thanks for making this a sticky.

djohns13

Postby djohns13 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:14 am

No problem Greg.  There were several winters growing up where I was very thankful to have wild meat for the table.  A deer will feed a family for quite a while during a rough time.

Good luck this season.

Good shooting.
Darren Johnson

TheHoglandWonder

Postby TheHoglandWonder » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:31 am

This is indeed a problem that too many families face. I am glad to see this posted. Hopefully more hunters will see the post. I plan on donating myself if Iam am able too this season. I also encourage eveyone to donate blood. Last I heard American Red Cross only had a two day blood supply. I doesn't take must time and you barely feel it. Just another simple thing you can do to save a life.

-Good luck this season to all

Return to Indiana