Next week could be good!

Powell1120

Next week could be good!

Postby Powell1120 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:12 am

Now I know it is still a few days off, and the weather here is prone to change anytime. But, when I heard the forcast for next week I can not help but think it gonna be a good one for deer hunting. Its gonna be the last week of October, and Wednesday-ish we are supposed to have a front come through that take the high temps from upper 60's/low 70's down to the low 50's for a few days. I know that the topic of which weeks are best has been debated in other threads, and I personally think that the last week in Oct is probably the second best week to be out. I have always seen a high number of Large bucks out that week. If you want to base it off what you have seen in the past, or tie it in with Charlie's forcast for there being a short lived spike in rutting activity around then, the second half of the week sure could be fun!

What do you think?

Powell1120

RE: Next week could be good!

Postby Powell1120 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:24 pm

well, I'm not scared to answer myself lol. I didn't get off in time to go out for a hunt this evening but did get out for a drive around. I see what seemed to be 2 and 3 year old deer following behind some doe groups. Nothing intense, but to me a good sign that they might try and get wound up a little in the next week or so

Return to Iowa