Thinking of making the trip.

schlupis

RE: Thinking of making the trip.

Postby schlupis » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:50 am

I dont remember the price I believe when I first applied it was 11 or 14 bucks to apply and get a preference point then if you draw I think it is 365. I believe you can apply for and pay for your tag right away if you draw a tag your first year which is highly unlikly then they will send you your tag.. If you dont draw then the Iowa dnr will send you your license fee back in the mail.

I one preference point right now, have been told by a buddy that has hunted there twice that it takes a minimum of 3 years before you draw a tag...

Any of you Iowa guys know if that is going to change.. heard a rumor that it is going up to a minimum of 5 years for non-residents....

schlupis

Postby schlupis » Wed May 20, 2009 9:35 am

Well Iowa just got another 10 bucks from me but it will be worth it when I draw that little tag that says I can kill a buck.....

Stickman

Postby Stickman » Sun May 31, 2009 4:17 pm

I went to Pike County, Illinois for the first time ever out of the state of Alabama last year. Costed me $400.00 for either sex tags and 50.00 dollar hunting license and 5.00 dollar habitat stamp. I booked a hotel months in advanced and hunted on wildlife management area on the Illinois river for one week. I hunted on November 1. Did not kill a deer, but I learned, I will be back there next year and I do now where to go to kill a trophy buck. So be prepared to spend one year learning where to hunt. Hunting on  management area land that is.

Previous

Return to Iowa