Angered as I saw a deer 'HANGING' off a hitch cargo carrier on the highway today...

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
kellory

Re: Angered as I saw a deer 'HANGING' off a hitch cargo car

Postby kellory » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:21 am

Dawnpatrol sent me a PM. I though it should be shared out now before it goes any further.. "read
Sent: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:17 am
To: kellory

Hey Kell Im giving you a chance, appoligize for attacking me. I wasnt even talking to you till my third post. Im doing it privatly so you can save face on the forum, apoligize. Im not new to pc forums or post wars, so just appoligize. Apoligize and it all goes away." Dawnpatrol, you are you are under a few misconceptions. 1) I did not attack you. 2) I will not apoligize under any kind of threat, 3) I respect everyone on this forum, weither I agree with them or not. Most of them I concider friends. Several of them are good friends. I am a fairly open book to these people. We may disagree, but there is always respect here. I have no face to save here, no false front to uphold, and no illusions to maintain. This place is for civilized people. If you can't be civil, please take your ball and go home. :|
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:48 am

Kellory, you spoke about hijacking threads, but you just went in that direction with your last post. A PM is a private message and I think that you and Dawnpatrol should work things out on that level, not on the open forum.
Let's just move past this and get back on the thread's point.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

kellory

Postby kellory » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:31 am

Ohio farms wrote:Kellory, you spoke about hijacking threads, but you just went in that direction with your last post. A PM is a private message and I think that you and Dawnpatrol should work things out on that level, not on the open forum.
Let's just move past this and get back on the thread's point.

True enough Ohio, but it does pertain to this thread in behavior, if not subxtance, and I could think of nowhere more appropriate. I will not have a private war over an imaginary slight. For the wander, I do appoligize. Now , back to actions having reactions.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

avluey

Postby avluey » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:45 am

Dawnpatrol - grow up, move on, or MOVE ON. This is silly. Back to the real discussion.....

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:42 am

Woods Walker wrote:A deer carcass that's been field dressed and cleaned of mud and debris is NOT gore, IMO, but meat. Meat no different than what you see shrink wrapped in the supermarket. But that's me.

You know, this thread got me to thinking that I don't think they even have the sides of beef visible in the butcher shop section of the supermarkets anymore like they did years ago. You could see the white coated meat cutters cutting steaks and roasts, and many people liked that because they could actullly SEE if the area was clean or not. Come to think of it, I believe that someone told me that they don't even cut meat at the supermarkets anymore. All they do is package it.

I agree with you and some of the other posts made. Our grocery store still cuts. and you can watch them.
But if its a deer.......people have to see oh my!!
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:09 pm

Sailfish wrote:
Woods Walker wrote:A deer carcass that's been field dressed and cleaned of mud and debris is NOT gore, IMO, but meat. Meat no different than what you see shrink wrapped in the supermarket. But that's me.

You know, this thread got me to thinking that I don't think they even have the sides of beef visible in the butcher shop section of the supermarkets anymore like they did years ago. You could see the white coated meat cutters cutting steaks and roasts, and many people liked that because they could actullly SEE if the area was clean or not. Come to think of it, I believe that someone told me that they don't even cut meat at the supermarkets anymore. All they do is package it.

I agree with you and some of the other posts made. Our grocery store still cuts. and you can watch them.
But if its a deer.......people have to see oh my!!

This is very true. You can watch the cutters work if you want to, at our local store. There is a window to the coldroom they use. And no one thinks twice about that poor cow, killed without a chance, in a kill pen. That is food they eat evryday. They see those steaks and they start drooling. You could transport a dead cow down the road, or a pig, and no one would care. Except for vegans and some animal rights groups, no one would say a thing. But a deer is an innocent in thier eyes.They have an emotional connection with that animal. A wild creature, cute and free. In other words "Bambi". They don't see hunting as nessicery, because the stores are full of food, and we are killing innocent animals for the fun of it. Add to that we flaunt or kills in thier faces, like spiking the ball in the endzone after a touchdown. A lot of them see us as playing for the other team. It is not a rational decision, but an emotional one. One that we need to overcome one person at a time, as Cut-N-Run did. (an excelent example) Until they understand that that deer is food, they see it as a game. With us as the visiting team. :|

Bowriter

Postby Bowriter » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:19 am

I did not read all the posts but I do want to weigh in because this is a subject often discussed on forums and one that I believe is of some import.

Many years ago, I wrote a newspaper column entitled, "The Broken Tailgate". It examined the correlation between deer season and broken tailgates that allowed the kill to be viewed by all on the road and in several passes through the Wal-Mart parking lot. I wondered if there was some connection between ego and truck malfunctions. I was almost villified.

The attitude here has slowly changed. You don't see many broken tailgates any more. Hunters began to understand that their major concern should not be the anti-hunters, they won't effect us and we will never change their minds. The major concern is the non-hunter. So, if by simply closing the tailgate or using a simple tarp we do not convert a voting non-hunter into a voting anti-hunter, I say take the extra step and be about halfway considerate of other's feelings. I would like to be viewed as a hunter, not a slob hunter.

There is a difference in perception between a beef being butchered in a clean environment and a deer hanging off a cargo carrier. I will quickly say, there are few more gory sites than a slaughter floor. Perhaps that is why we never see one. The matter for discussion, I think, is one of respect for the animal and for the person driving behind us. I simply feel I need to show some respect to both. I close my tailgate and close the toneau cover for the short drive to my house. I skin and butcher my deer in my garage and the door is usually open. However, anyone who can see in my garage door is either trespassing or belongs there.

Just my opinion and at the very least, certainly not a subject worth getting all het up about. (Old southern expression :D )

jonny5buck

Postby jonny5buck » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:15 am

Welcome 2 Bowriter...

I agree that it is not worth getting overly upset about...but that philosiphy should also spill over to the ''non-hunter'' who eats dead animals that are killed,, slaughtered, and placed into nice neat packages at the grocery store...if reality bother them than my deer off the hitch hauler is a wake up call...not gonna cover mine for the short trip to the meat locker..doesnt meen im rude ..inconsiderate ..or a ''slobhunter''...just a guy with a deer and a clear conscience!--thats all....

Previous

Return to General Discussions