How many deer do you eat a year?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
DeerCamp

RE: How many deer do you eat a year?

Postby DeerCamp » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:55 am

we usally eat around 3 deer a year.. we have 3 hunters in the family and this year my brother and i will be going away for school.. so i plan to take another deer.. its a lot cheaper to eat that way when at school.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:43 am

Venison is the only red meat ...other than pork loin we eat.....we'er picky about how we butcher and everyone in family eats it so we average 5-7 deer....lots of jerky is made and all scapes and bones go to our 3 120-130 lb. german shepards...nothing is wasted.

adirondackhunter

Postby adirondackhunter » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:09 pm

I eat 2 a year.I have a guy make jerky,polish sausage and pickled polish sausage.

sludge

Postby sludge » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:49 am

It's just me.. My lovely former Mall Rat Hooter Girl wife and 2 girls age 4 & 3..

We smoked thru 6-8 deer a year. And never EVER make jerky.. to me that is a complete waste.. Not when you can make burger, brats, Italian Sausage, bacon and so much more.

I can't have October get here fast enough!

bowhuntersrave

Postby bowhuntersrave » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:17 pm

I am the only one that eats it in my household. I ussually give most venision away to those who need it more than I. But I have found that if I put it into jerk my family will eat it.
www.bowhuntersrave.com
Preserving our bowhunting heritage

Mathews/Bowtech Raffle enter today

Previous

Return to General Discussions