I Can't Kick.

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Bowriter

I Can't Kick.

Postby Bowriter » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:07 am

Six days to go and all is ready. I got the last of the 16 stands saftey checked last week and have high expcetations for a couple of the new ones. I am especially anticipating hunting one that Iplaced just for -re-rut travel. I think it may pay off.

I had a huge fawn crop and think I am going to have to kill about a dozen mature does to balance things this year. With a htree-doe per day limit, I should be able to do that. The drouught did not hurt us and browse and mast look good.

Between shooting deer and football and Saturday afternoons and doing a little writing for my sundicated column, I'm staying as busy as I want. My health is much better this year so I can't kick.

unclebuck

Re: I Can't Kick.

Postby unclebuck » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:19 pm

What?

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:12 am

unclebuck wrote:What?

I'm lost too!
69Viking

bobow

Postby bobow » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:37 pm

Your what hurts??? :?
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

kellory

Postby kellory » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:07 pm

[quote="Bowriter"]Six days to go and all is ready. I got the last of the 16 stands saftey checked last week and have high expcetations for a couple of the new ones. I am especially anticipating hunting one that Iplaced just for -re-rut travel. I think it may pay off.

I had a huge fawn crop and think I am going to have to kill about a dozen mature does to balance things this year. With a htree-doe per day limit, I should be able to do that. The drouught did not hurt us and browse and mast look good.

Between shooting deer and football and Saturday afternoons and doing a little writing for my sundicated column, I'm staying as busy as I want. My health is much better this year so I can't kick.

This is a little like translating a blond joke. ;) Bowriter, you might have proof-read this ....saftey checked (but not spell-checked) ..expcetations should be expectations, Iplaced just for -re-travel is most likely I placed for pre-rut travel, htree-doe should be three-doe, drouught, must be a really bad drought. my sundicated column (does it only come out on Sundays?) is likely my syndicated column, and I can translate "so I can't kick " to "I can't complain " if I ignore the cross-sport plug. ;)

I have been known to be an "inventiv speler." I do sometimes suffer from "Fat Fingers". I have even been known for tongueled tang and wixed mords, but I would hope for a little more from a "writer" ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

hot tamale

Postby hot tamale » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:06 pm

Yeah that post is horrible, not funny (if it was supposed to be) and you are not a very good writer.

Hope your kicking is better than your writing. If you write like you hunt, the deer will be just fine in your area. :?:

Bowriter

Postby Bowriter » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:30 pm

LMAO- Actually, I am an excellent writer. I have something like 150 awards to prove that. In fact, just won a quite important one two days ago. Unfortunately, I also have severe nerve damage that hinders the use of my fingers on my left hand. So, if I don't proof read, which I did not, the above is the result.

The "I can't kick" is a reference to am old quote by Paul Hornung. Perhaps y'all are too young top remember him. He played a little football and when forced to try a P-A-T in a game, missed the ball completely. When asked how he was doing, he replied, "I can't kick".

I appologize for forcing you to decipher. I was in a hurry. If you would care to read some of my award winning offerings, you may do so http://www.wilsonpost.com and simply click on the outdoor blog. You may even go back a few years and browse some old issues of this famous magazine. I believe I have some there.

There was a time, before a sneaky little virus invaded my spinal cord and tried to kill me, that I traveled widely and hunted widely. Now, I hunt mostly in my backyard and no longer give a hoot about antlers. But life is still quite good.

I have had to carefully proof this so you can read it but...I can't kick.

Return to General Discussions