2010/2011 Moon Phase Polly Wheel

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
JDeitrich

2010/2011 Moon Phase Polly Wheel

Postby JDeitrich » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:52 am

I dont know if yall have heard of this thing, Im sure most have tho. Every year my uncle gets these things for me and my dad, its a wheel that shows you the moon phase, and what the primary feeding times for deer are in the AM and PM of that specific date. I was wondering if any of yall knew where one is on line possibly? I dont want to pay 15$ for a piece of paper ya know? If anyone knows where a free, on line one is, please post! 

Walking Crow

RE: 2010/2011 Moon Phase Polly Wheel

Postby Walking Crow » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:31 am

I use this link to get the moon postioning info.
http://www.usno.navy.mil/USNO/astronomical-applications/data-services/rs-one-day-us

Walking Crow

SwampLife

Postby SwampLife » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:45 am

yea I have those apps on my iphone.

I know there are moon phase websites I used to print them out for my upcoming hunts.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.

Mac

Postby Mac » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:36 pm

Swamp life,
Which app do you have?
Is it any good?
Quote: "Real men hunt with fly swatters!" - me... lol

scottflesher

Postby scottflesher » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:03 am

I don't follow it verbatim and I'm sure there is some variance depending on where you live in each state, but this is what I use as a guide. I do my best to see if the deer movement I see is correlated to the times on this sight and for the most part it's relatively accurate.

http://www.huntstats.com/besttimes.php

JDeitrich

Postby JDeitrich » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:22 pm

ORIGINAL: scottflesher

I don't follow it verbatim and I'm sure there is some variance depending on where you live in each state, but this is what I use as a guide. I do my best to see if the deer movement I see is correlated to the times on this sight and for the most part it's relatively accurate.

http://www.huntstats.com/besttimes.php

THERE IT IS!!! THANK GOD! I have been looking for this for MONTHS! Thank you thank you thank you!

scottflesher

Postby scottflesher » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:47 pm

no problem man. Glad I could help. Let me know if you find that the times are accurate in your area. Here in SE Ohio, it seems to be pretty good about the best feeding times.

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:40 am

The wheel you refer to probably came from Jeff Murray. Google MOONGUIDE and you'll find his website. Whether it works or not depends on your belief or lack of belief in the effects of the moon on deer. I have used the wheel and found it to be extremely accurate at times and way out in left field at other times. Kinda like reading your horoscope. I believe it costs $9.95

buckwrangler

Postby buckwrangler » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:34 pm

ORIGINAL: Wanderer

The wheel you refer to probably came from Jeff Murray. Google MOONGUIDE and you'll find his website.

Ya know what's WAY better than the deer hunters moon guide? HuntByMoon.com. The downfall of the deer hunters moon guide is that it does NOTHING to account for your geographic latitude. HuntByMoon calculates for your exact location every time. And THIS IS IMPORTANT, because the best hunting habitats are determined by the relationship between the sun and the moon. The sun sets earlier and rises later at northern latitudes because of the Earth's 23-degree tilt. This has a dramatic effect on what the best hunting habitats are, depending on where you're hunting.

The deer hunter moon guide is calculated for ONE single geographic location: New Orleans. That means it's only good for latitudes that are the same as New Orleans: 30-degrees north. So, if you're in the south, it MIGHT be close, but then you still have to account for longitude. This explains why some folks have varied success with the moon guide, along with the fact that the moon guide is difficult for some folks to understand.

So, toss out your moon guide and use HuntByMoon.com.

NoFearNoBull

Re: 2010/2011 Moon Phase Polly Wheel

Postby NoFearNoBull » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:59 pm

http://besttimestohunt.net/default.aspx Free Best Times to Hunt Guide Moon Phase/Feeding Times and this one does account for different geographic locations

Return to General Discussions