Irritated with Dick's Sporting Goods

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Walking Crow

Irritated with Dick's Sporting Goods

Postby Walking Crow » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:15 am

I am really pissed with Dick's Sporting Goods store. I usually spend a few hundred $$ every year at Dicks from fishing gear to hunting gear. That is about to end now. Yesterday I went there to pick up some unscented soap and shampoo for hunting. While I was there I grabbed a pack of T/C muzzle loader bullets. When I went to the register to pay for them the cashier wanted me to give her my birth date and ID to purchase the bullets. It is not required by law I told her, She told that it is required and showed me on the register where she has to enter the information. I am 62 years old I told her do I look like I am under age? Since when do we need to show ID to purchase Muzzle loader bullets. I cancelled the whole order walked out cussing to myself about such BS. I plan on contacting Dicks and firmly expressing my displeasure and that they will no longer see any of my money as long as they enforce such a stupid policy.

Bob D.

wordbird

Re: Irritated with Dick's Sporting Goods

Postby wordbird » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:02 pm

I too am 62 and yes, that would be a little aggravating but..........the check out person was just following instructions for ammo sales and most likely didn't know a muzzle loader bullet from a basketball. There may be worse things than that in the making if this country don't change paths.
"The trophy is in the eye of the beholder."

Walking Crow

Postby Walking Crow » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:17 am

I understand the checkout person was just doing her job. My point is why is it even necessary to get that information?

shaman

Postby shaman » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:34 am

These big chain stores are getting hinky on ammo. They want all this information so they can prove they aren't selling to minors or committing other irresponsible acts. The reason is that eventually the chain will face pressure from anti-gun factions. They want the data to back up their assertions of innocence

They're probably doing you a favor. By collecting this data, they are heading off the gun control factions trying to make them stop selling ammo. This way you'll still be able to by ammo at Dicks. If it were me, I'd be griped too, but I'd play along.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

WonderMonkey

Postby WonderMonkey » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:54 pm

shaman wrote:These big chain stores are getting hinky on ammo. They want all this information so they can prove they aren't selling to minors or committing other irresponsible acts. The reason is that eventually the chain will face pressure from anti-gun factions. They want the data to back up their assertions of innocence

They're probably doing you a favor. By collecting this data, they are heading off the gun control factions trying to make them stop selling ammo. This way you'll still be able to by ammo at Dicks. If it were me, I'd be griped too, but I'd play along.

This right here. That's my opinion.

DEER30

Postby DEER30 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:03 pm

I hear ya! I have had problems with their bow shop and its service. But the craziest ID check I ever had came from Wal-Mart. I was purchasing WD-40 and she carded me! I am 30 yrs old! Getting a little carried away I think.

Return to General Discussions