Im[pressed With Broadhead.

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Bowriter

Im[pressed With Broadhead.

Postby Bowriter » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:04 pm

Not sure of the "advertising" rules so I will not name the brand but I am trying a new expandable head this year and am super impressed.

I have killed two does and a gobbler with the same arrow and head and it is still shaving sharp. It makes a massive entrance and exit wound. Although I have not had to blood trail anything, What trail there was, was huge. If it is permitted, I will name the brand. Meanwhile, here is a picture of the exit wond on the last deer with the cleaned head. Forgot to mention, the turkey and second doe were killed the same afternoon, 40-minutes apart from a stand 8' off the ground. I was wearing short pants and a short sleeve shirt for camo :D .

mhouck06

Re: Im[pressed With Broadhead.

Postby mhouck06 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:35 pm

fixed or mechanical?
must be pretty impressive if its still sharp after that.
Once my arrow/broadhead hit something, they are done. I have ones I practice with, but the ones I take into the woods, whether they hit flesh or dirt :? they get stacked up on a shelf. Never wanted to take the chance of something going wrong when Im trying to kill something, for the animals sake and my own.
Affiliated with Team Baahoo, Muddy Outdoors, HHA Sports, Brute Outdoors, Hips Archery Targets, Ramcat Broadheads, Stonycreek Whitetails, onXmaps

Bowriter

Postby Bowriter » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:38 pm

It is a mech. and I too was impressed. Many years ago, I killed a bear, an elk and five deer with the same head. It came from the same company and was a 125gr. fixed. This is the entrance wound on the same deer.

kellory

Postby kellory » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:28 pm

The wounds are stretched out because the deer is hanging, but that is still impressive. ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:36 pm

Razorcap fixed broadhead. Kill one, resharpen it and go kill another. Big hole, lot's of blood. No rubber bands, and it 100% guaranted to completely open 100% of the time.
razorcap.jpg
razorcap.jpg (23.9 KiB) Viewed 477 times
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:38 pm

razorcap.jpg
razorcap.jpg (19.49 KiB) Viewed 477 times

You can get them from 100 to 200 grains. Over 6 inches of cutting surface. I can get mine shaving sharp in about 5 minutes with a file and a butcher's steel if the blade is not chipped or bent...which only happens if you hit a rock or metal.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Return to General Discussions