Im[pressed With Broadhead.

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Bowriter

Im[pressed With Broadhead.

Postby Bowriter » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:04 pm

Not sure of the "advertising" rules so I will not name the brand but I am trying a new expandable head this year and am super impressed.

I have killed two does and a gobbler with the same arrow and head and it is still shaving sharp. It makes a massive entrance and exit wound. Although I have not had to blood trail anything, What trail there was, was huge. If it is permitted, I will name the brand. Meanwhile, here is a picture of the exit wond on the last deer with the cleaned head. Forgot to mention, the turkey and second doe were killed the same afternoon, 40-minutes apart from a stand 8' off the ground. I was wearing short pants and a short sleeve shirt for camo :D .

mhouck06

Re: Im[pressed With Broadhead.

Postby mhouck06 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:35 pm

fixed or mechanical?
must be pretty impressive if its still sharp after that.
Once my arrow/broadhead hit something, they are done. I have ones I practice with, but the ones I take into the woods, whether they hit flesh or dirt :? they get stacked up on a shelf. Never wanted to take the chance of something going wrong when Im trying to kill something, for the animals sake and my own.

Bowriter

Postby Bowriter » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:38 pm

It is a mech. and I too was impressed. Many years ago, I killed a bear, an elk and five deer with the same head. It came from the same company and was a 125gr. fixed. This is the entrance wound on the same deer.

kellory

Postby kellory » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:28 pm

The wounds are stretched out because the deer is hanging, but that is still impressive. ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:36 pm

Razorcap fixed broadhead. Kill one, resharpen it and go kill another. Big hole, lot's of blood. No rubber bands, and it 100% guaranted to completely open 100% of the time.
razorcap.jpg
razorcap.jpg (23.9 KiB) Viewed 340 times
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:38 pm

razorcap.jpg
razorcap.jpg (19.49 KiB) Viewed 340 times

You can get them from 100 to 200 grains. Over 6 inches of cutting surface. I can get mine shaving sharp in about 5 minutes with a file and a butcher's steel if the blade is not chipped or bent...which only happens if you hit a rock or metal.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Return to General Discussions