Hey guys

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
wordbird

Hey guys

Postby wordbird » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:37 am

Been a busy summer for me. I have dropped by the site a few times but am way behind. I've managed to get in the woods a couple of times already though and slipped a Spitfire through a nice doe a few days ago. Not a very good pic but it's all I got. I've passed on several smallish bucks.
Then my grandson drilled him one a day or so later. We've got a good start to a long season.
"The trophy is in the eye of the beholder."

Woods Walker

Re: Hey guys

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:35 am

Good for both of you! And you deserve a special thanks for getting that youngster into hunting. That is the best "trophy" you will ever get from hunting.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

wordbird

Postby wordbird » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:25 pm

WW, you can't keep that boy out of the woods. He'll be 13 in Feb and that was his 21st deer I think. Killed his first one at 5 or 6.

hot tamale

Postby hot tamale » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:53 am

where can a 5 or 6 year old shoot deer? just wondering. around here in wisconsin, i think they have to be 12 or at least able to pull back a bow with a 45 lb min draw weight.

DEER30

Postby DEER30 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:08 pm

Many states don't have a minimum age to start hunting. They leave it up the the parent to decide. That is how it should be. I grew up in MD which also has a min age of 12 but my dad took me along to watch and learn as soon as i was big enough to keep up.

Definately a congrats is in order and a great job getting the youngin's involved!

wordbird

Postby wordbird » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:19 am

HT, he's killed most of his in Tenn but we live in Ala and he has killed a few here. The first one was in Tenn.

Return to General Discussions