Be Careful Out There

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
shaman

Re: Be Careful Out There

Postby shaman » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:14 am

That is terrible news. My heart goes out to the father.

I looked the story up. It's all over the papers in Indiana. All of them are clear: the party included 2 adults and two youths. It was youth season. An adult shot the victim in the head.

There is obviously more to this than a simple accident.

Here's one of the links:

http://www.southbendtribune.com/news/sb ... 1310.story
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:16 am

Second-hand info., I should have done as you did Shaman, and looked it up. Thanks for the link. I stand corrected. :(
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

retiredsailor

Postby retiredsailor » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:50 am

As the father of two grown sons (who also hunt a good deal) this sort of tragic event makes one ponder life's events. I am totally saddened for that family, especially the poor father/husband who must deal with this. Of course, I will ask my God to help him carry this burden.
It isn't what happens to us, it is how we deal with it, that matters most.

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:06 am

I'm really sorry to hear about that. It sounds like he was a good guy only trying to help a kid out at the time. I would be interested in what happens to the shooter. Adults are not supposed to be armed during our youth season.

I find it kind of odd that the rules of safe hunting are posted in the same article. How can any responsible hunter forget them? Maybe if you can't remember them, you shouldn't be hunting in the first place.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Previous

Return to General Discussions