well i am getting pissed

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Homunculi

well i am getting pissed

Postby Homunculi » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:08 pm

well since i was in the hospital i know people are worried about me but i was released from the cardio quack and back to the family quack .....
ok so things are well but when i went out to my stand the in-laws keep cheking on me sending text msg's or yelling out of the house ....

i know they worry but geez i have a phone and if i was in trouble i would call or text or call 911 ... i love them to death but hell just look out the damn window ...
if you see me lokking around ... LEAVE ME ALONE .... simple ... so far 2 spoiled shots for the phone rining or them shouting out to see if i am ok ...

well besides my last post of 9 months of archery ... getting my first robin hood ... i shot a chipmunk from my tree stand :)

well anyway .. what can i tell the in-laws ... as to leave me the **** alone !!! .... i know they care but geez ..
i was in the stand 2 hours and they check on me ... come out an hour later and ask if i want coffee ...
and send text messages to my phone and if i do not reply they yell from the house or they walk out in the woods ....

any thoughts other than to tell them STFU ??
If I ain't huntin i ain't livin!!

hunting is not only skill but, being in the right place at the right time ...

gear:
tenpoint TITAN HLX
revelation 30" barrel 12G
Bear Encounter

RyanCGrover47

Re: well i am getting pissed

Postby RyanCGrover47 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:12 pm

Yes. POLITELY explain to them that you're fully capable of dialing 911 and although you appreciate their concern, your hunting time is your "me" time. Time to get away from people and be by yourself.

hot tamale

Postby hot tamale » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:24 pm

I would have to say that first of all, thank your lucky stars that you have in-laws that care enough about you to do such a thing. you could put your phone on silence or buzz mode when hunting.
also, maybe at dinner one night, just say something like-"you know I really appreciate all that you guys do for me and I'm glad your are my in-laws." keep it positive and get them eating out of your paws.
Then later on say something along the lines of " I am really glad I'm out of the hospital now. I really miss being out in the woods, in my treestand, in the quiet with no interruptions, anyone bothering me, asking me questions and just being able to feel alive like I used to do. I dont want to hear my phone go off so i have been putting it on vibrate only and If i get cold, hungry or tired i can always come in and do it. "

this way you are not directly insulting them and you are getting your point across in a polite way. make sure your father in law is there at the same time so you are telling everyone you want to know this at the same time.

good luck buddy. :oops:

retiredsailor

Postby retiredsailor » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:18 am

I share your frustration, brother. I'm in fairly decent health, but I'm in my late 60's and my friends and
family are always on my back about going into the mountains alone to hunt. My hunting partners all still
work and can only get away on weekends or a few days a year; therefore, I have a choice of staying
home (i.e., not hunting), or go it alone during the week when I have the time to get out there.
Let's face it, I would think the vast majority of us truly relish the time we spend in the deer woods, alone.
Even if we are hunting with others, we all go our separate ways once in the woods.
I understand my family's concerns, so I compromise with them (to some degree) and carry my cell
phone when hunting by myself. Although, I keep it turned off........intending to use it only if I need
to make a call.
Nice to have folks who care about us, but I can't/won't give up that cherished time alone in the deer
woods.
It isn't what happens to us, it is how we deal with it, that matters most.

Homunculi

Postby Homunculi » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:58 am

retiredsailor i am 43 and went into the hosp with pains shooting up my chest .. stress test ok .. diag at the hosp was SVT (a condition of the heart where half beats faster/ out of rhythm with the other half) beta blockers have been working really well with this .. and the dr is pleased my BP is not elevated now with the dr saying borderline high BP

and the cardio dr. was good (expensive too) and released me back to the family dr ...

i know they worry and believe me i am thankful to have them watching out for me but to have 2 blown shots... i am a little aggravated about..
i am talking to my wife and asking her if it can be like the past few years ... they see my truck in the drive or down at the pass by in the drive just to leave me alone no calls ... no coffee .. no shouting down the hill if i do not answer my phone or texts .. (well the bad part is i added text msging to my phone this year . survived without it on my cell for 14 years) ...

i hope my mrs can get the point across .. and my hunting can get back to normal ... i did as they requested to move my blind and tree stands in view from the house so they could see me ... as per their request ..

well added aggravation is i manage 3 stores and do the maint on a total of 5 of my bosses properties ... and i have worked a schedule out with him to get sunday all day ... and mon wed and thurs mornings out in the woods .. for this year .. last year was very hard to get out... no help and stores needed repairs .. i am caught up so far this year and was out all day sunday and monday (due to rain... i work at carwashes ) monday as a vacation day .. and in the afternoon .. doe was coming in after i put my phone on silent .. had my bow .. ready to draw ... and i hear a voice shouting my name from up at the house ... white flag going the other way ... :(
we are only 4 days in .. i know but i cannot have a hunting season like this ...
retiredsailor hope you have a safe good and fruitful season ...

thanks all for the input ...

gear:
tenpoint TITAN HLX
Bear Encounter

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:42 pm

Here's what I would do... anytime you plan on hunting, call your in-laws the night before... tell them where you intend to be, and remind them that the less noise and out of the ordinary things going on the better for hunting. Establish a check in time schedule where you will text them with an 'I'm fine" message. say every hour.... that way you can send them the text when you know you won't get busted, and they can feel fine with calling you or giving you a holler if they haven't heard from you in an hour and a half... that way you don't have to come across as "leave me alone"... but more like, "thanks for thinking of me, this way works better..."
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Homunculi

Postby Homunculi » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:26 pm

Deebz wrote:Here's what I would do... anytime you plan on hunting, call your in-laws the night before... tell them where you intend to be, and remind them that the less noise and out of the ordinary things going on the better for hunting. Establish a check in time schedule where you will text them with an 'I'm fine" message. say every hour.... that way you can send them the text when you know you won't get busted, and they can feel fine with calling you or giving you a holler if they haven't heard from you in an hour and a half... that way you don't have to come across as "leave me alone"... but more like, "thanks for thinking of me, this way works better..."

great idea ... but as i stated i am new to texting .. well new as of feb this year .. and had a cell since 1998 .. just do not get the new things ... and this comming from a computer nerd .. i build computers ... and i use unix based operating systems .. i know technoligy ... just cannot get into the texting thing just added it to msg the boss about things going wrong ... and the family took it on as a get go on checking on me ... ... ..

i just do not wamt to piss hem off but they have pissed me off ... i told them look out the window .. if i am sitting upright in the treestand and looking around ... i am ok ... if i am in the blind the view from their house

signed ... the high tech bill hilly

gear:
tenpoint TITAN HLX
Bear Encounter

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:39 pm

If you play with your phone a bit, I think you might be able to figure out how to save a message as a template... Just an "all's well"... or a simple typed "K" each time...
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Return to General Discussions