Chewing Tobacco

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Jslotter

Re: Chewing Tobacco

Postby Jslotter » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:27 pm

I tried the gum-o-flauge last year. It tastes like pine, but makes your breathe smell like dirt. I had to try it, its not bad, and a better alternative to dipping tobacco on stand.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

Bowriter

Postby Bowriter » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:07 am

Have spit on the heads of more deer than I can count. If I couldn't dip, I wouldn't go. Has no...as in NO negative effect on deer. Had them hang aound and lick the spit.

The day I start worrying about deer smelling my breath or what is in my mouth is the day I hang it up. What do y'all if you have to fart?

You know, I have been messing with these old deer for 56-years. What I have concluded after all that time is that hunters are the most paranoid people I have ever met. Seems like we invent things to worry about. Would not deer hunting be a lot more fun if y'all quit worrying about what footwear to use and what gum to chew? Why don't you worry about placing your stand correctly and not missing? Those factors really do matter. What camo to wear, deer smelling your breath, wearing rubber boots etc. is ridiculous. Why wear rubber boots and never wash your hat or wear rubber gloves makes no sense. A deer is going to smell where you put your hands twice as fast as where you put your feet and the truth is, he will smell your head and hat 10X faster than your breath.

Hey guys, just go hunt and enjoy being in the woods.

Or...maybe you could hold your breath while hunting. :o

wordbird

Postby wordbird » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:07 pm

Bowriter. :D Well said.
"The trophy is in the eye of the beholder."

Previous

Return to General Discussions