slow deer movement at my camera

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
habs

slow deer movement at my camera

Postby habs » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:01 pm

i have been putting out carrots and apples in front of my camera for about a month not alot of deer pictures about 20 a week. is it possible my cameras flash is spooking them? or do you think it is because i have many acres around my property of standing corn? i hunt a field that has soya beans, wheat, and clover, i think that once the corn is cut i will be seeing many more deer, just a thought.

mhouck06

Re: slow deer movement at my camera

Postby mhouck06 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:28 pm

tough to say..
ive had flash cameras in the past and although ive had deer look at them, i dont think it spooked them
I have also had them look right at my IR cams, again, it doesnt seem like it spooks them, especially since I get the same ones coming back.
i usually do not put bait in front of my cameras, I like to try to catch the deer on there normal patterns and this time of year catch them when they change from their summer patterns to their fall patterns. sometimes this can be quite a feat depending on food sources.
that being said, you may want to try to dump a bag of corn or put out a salt block or something.. not too sure tho.
Do you have any active scrapes or know of any scrapes that are there year after year? if you want to get pictures of deer, scrapes are a great place, especially ones that are used every year.
good luck

Return to General Discussions