Changes in temperature during deer bow season

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
turkeyman

Changes in temperature during deer bow season

Postby turkeyman » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:46 pm

Saturday, October 6th began the opening day for archery deer season here in Virginia. The day temp has ranged in the 70's and 60'. Not much movement in the deer due to that they have taken on there winter coats and are heavy in body from the fall feed up. Tonight the temps are dropping into the 30's. They are to stay this way for a few days and that mean's deer movement. The big buck's will be feeding very early and late so catching them returning to there beading area will be the best for me at this time of the season. I wish all of you a good and bounty full harvest this season. I will be in my stand about 4:30 am waiting on good shooting light :D

Jslotter

Re: Changes in temperature during deer bow season

Postby Jslotter » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:31 pm

Good luck. Let us know how your hunt goes.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

DEER30

Re: Changes in temperature during deer bow season

Postby DEER30 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:53 am

Good luck to you! I lived in VA for 11 years and loved it. It was beautiful in the mountains. Three of the DEER30 team members are still there, ribbing me about the great weather for hunting (I am in GA now where it is still warm. Although good temps today and yesterday). The big bucks are on the move. We have seen several shooters on trail cam pix and a young man bagged a big 10 pt out from under us on a farm on which our team member Kevin hunts.

Best of luck again and drop us a line at www.deer30outdoors.com or share a photo on our facebook page.

Return to General Discussions