Happy Saint Hubert's Day

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
shaman

Happy Saint Hubert's Day

Postby shaman » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:25 am

It was back in 2005 when a bunch of us folks online were discussing the problem that hunters face when it comes to Christmas. You get all this cool stuff for presents, but then you have to wait until the next year to use it.

I suggested that the gift giving be moved to Nov3, the Feast of Saint Hubert. Hubert is the patron saint of hunting. In Europe it's a big deal in places. Bavaria really gets into it-- lots of processions and the like. KYHillChick got into the season that first year in a big way, conspiring with my online friends, and presented me with a Remington 7600 in 35 Whelen as a Saint Hubert's Day present. Wow! That really worked.

We're down here at deer camp, but I'm about to get KYHillChick up so she can start getting into her dirndle. Angus is warming up his Dudelsack. I'm trying to squeeze into my lederhosen. At sunrise, we will begin marchin up and down the road. I'll carry my boar spear with the laurel garland and streamers. We'll put antlers on the dogs. It should be a grand time.

Then we'll all get sloshed on beer and then the annual schutzenfest!!!

. . . Er. . . . well, maybe we'l rethink that one.

Anyhow, I want to wish y'all a happy Saint Hubert's Day!

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Woods Walker

Re: Happy Saint Hubert's Day

Postby Woods Walker » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:22 am

Back atcha' sham! Hopefully this thread of yours won't get pulled like the other one did...you SPAM magnet you!

But as long as we're talking, may I point out that tonight is the time change, and YOU are HUNTING??? How unethical! You, of all people, taking advantage of the deer that will be wandering around dazed and confused and in a state of sleep deprivation!

If you kill one tomorrow you will have to add an asterick by it in your hunting journal...... :mrgreen:

Best of luck to you and your wife!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

shaman

Postby shaman » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:05 am

Actually, we are not hunting this weekend. I am another intensive weekend of scientific study here at the Blackhole Institute, This year we are using drone technology to map the effects of the DST change on the deer.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:14 am

EXCELLENT! I await the results of your research with baited breath!

Are you going to make a cell phone app for it? If you do then I may just have to get rid of my dumb phone for a smart one!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

kellory

Postby kellory » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:17 am

Not the worms again! :shock: Woodsie, we really need to talk about your trail mix...... ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Return to General Discussions