Treestand etiquette - when it's not yours

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
huntsurf

Re: Treestand etiquette - when it's not yours

Postby huntsurf » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:53 am

I hunt public land in Virginia and have for over 30 years.in the past 10 years a group of hunters set up a giant camp the first week of bow and leave it there the entire season which is illegal on national forest.thats not a big deal to me their littering is though.my main complaint is over the years they have built stands and ground blinds literally everywhere most people like to hunt.they are very confrontational and act like they own the land.i don't use their stuff but if its a location I want to hunt I stand my ground.i called the ranger district and reported them to no avail.3 years ago a person in the group was at my truck when I arrived,i was dragging a nice 8 pt I had shot that am.he told me I had taken his spot and shot a deer he had been hunting.i said tuff s.what do you want me to do?he wanted the deer.i laughed aloud told him he could have the shoulders.things got heated I told him where my cabin was and if he wanted his deer it would be on my skinning pole to get the hell away from my truck or my next harvest would be him.long story short they still hunt there and so do I but I have never seen them around where im huntnting since.

Retranger

Re: Treestand etiquette - when it's not yours

Postby Retranger » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:10 am

Seems funny the feds won't do something about all the illegal activity :roll: :roll:
Doug

Previous

Return to General Discussions